Silicon Valley Python Meetup Message Board › Virtual Job Fair at Skype
Skype (skype.com) will host a Virtual Job Fair for software engineering/tech folks some time during the next few weeks. Please create a Skype ID before entering the Virtual Job Fair. We are looking for Software Engineers, Quality Engineers, Automation and Build Engineers, Front End Web Developers (AJAX).
Please visit http://share.skype.co... for more information.
We will provide:
• Ease of use and responsive customer support to ensure that all participants leave satisfied.
• Dedicated chat rooms/chat channels for each hiring specialty.
• Capability for candidates to submit resumes to preferred jobs and for those resumes to be available to hiring managers for review and be tracked and safeguarded.
• Web pages that talk about Skype to provide background info on the company as well as
• “Giveaways” to first 50 people (videocam, Skype credit, etc)
• Candidate responds to technical and relevant questions.
• First technical screener evaluates comments.
• Asks questions through chat.
• If qualified, the candidate passes to 2nd technical screen for more in-depth answers.
• If the candidate passes the 2nd technical screen, the candidate will be given an assignment.
• The candidate will then submit his/her assignment within one week. The candidate will be asked to come in for an onsite interview if the assignment completed exceptionally well.
Hours of operations: 24 x 7 best to allow for resumes to be submitted
Hours for direct contact: Should be defined over a 2 day period, with specific hours that accommodate candidates. One set of hours could be during work hours, and another set during
off hours in the evenings, or even on weekends.
Today's candidates are accustomed to the online environment, and feel comfortable interacting in that space.
A Virtual Job Fair transcends the traditional face to face job fair time and place restrictions to bring a job fair that can run 24/7.
Candidates and hiring managers can participate in the Virtual Job Fair when it is convenient for them, and it can be offered over a more extended time period.
Founded in 2003, Skype is revolutionizing the way people communicate around the world. Skype has more than 405 million registered users globally who use Skype software to communicate for free through voice and video calls as well as instant messages. Skype generates revenue through its premium offerings, such as calls made to and from landlines and mobiles, voicemail, call forwarding, and SMS. Skype is used in almost every country on Earth, and people have made more than 100 billion minutes worth of free Skype-to-Skype calls. Conversations over Skype can take place on computers, mobile devices and Skype Certified™ hardware. Skype certifies and sells hundreds of hardware products from more than 50 partners, and works with hundreds of third-party developers who have created plug-ins to extend Skype’s functionality.
Skype is based in Luxembourg, with offices in Europe, the US and Asia. Our offices in the bay area are in Brisbane and San Jose.
We are looking for brilliant minds to join the Skype revolution. In particular, those who have the passion, drive and dedication required to continue delighting our users and giving them a great experience.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more informatoin. And please have your updated resume prepared.