When: December 20-23, 2010
Where: Live on your desktop
Who: You and Abie Hadjitarkhani, Ruby on Rails Master Instructor
By the end of the course, you will have the skills necessary to build and deploy a Rails 3 application with confidence. Drawing from the experience of Engine Yard?s team of Ruby on Rails experts, this course content focuses on what you really need to know and provides a solid foundation in Ruby as well as Rails. Since the course is based on Rails 3, you will be able to take advantage of the latest features of the Rails 3 framework.
Topics To Be Covered:
* Ruby: An introduction to the highly dynamic scripting language that makes Rails possible.
* Rails 3: What you need to know to get productive now.
* Active Record: In-depth coverage of how to use Rails to do the database heavy lifting for you.
* REST: Learn the power of RESTful design to build instant APIs for your web applications, as well as easing the scoping process on new projects.
* Test Driven Development: Add confidence and maintainability to your development cycle. Kill bugs once without fear of regressions!
* Hosting and Deployment: The future is in the cloud! See how easy it can be to launch and scale a production application on the Engine Yard AppCloud and a wide array of third party services.
* RubyGems and Plugins: Make use of the increasingly large ecosystem of open source Ruby libraries.
To register, and to view complete event info: http://bit.ly/fY7eDy