Mixbook is a rapidly-growing Silicon Valley start-up that is redefining the way people save and share their most valued possession – their photos. Our team is driven by a passion for product, people and the perfect customer experience. Over 5 million people have used Mixbook, and 90% of our customers are actively recommending us to family and friends. Mixbook is not just another start-up: we are profitable, our revenues are growing 700% per year, and we’re just getting started.
Mixbook is building out our engineering team and we are looking for someone with a very high standard of code quality and code practices. In this position you will own major parts of the code base, architecture of the site, implement healthy code development processes and also do hands on development. In this role you will work closely with our co-Founder and CTO, a 5 + year RoR veteran himself and co-author of RubyAMF.
- 5 + years professional development experience, understanding of MVC.
- Ruby web framework (Rails, Merb, Sinatra) experience*
- Unit testing (TestUnit, RSpec) experience*
- Automated integration testing (Cucumber, Webrat, Capybara, Selenium) experience*
- Obsessively strives to create the most modular, concise and maintainable code possible – beautiful code to you doesn’t mean pretty syntax highlighting.
- Experience working on Agile teams (pair programming, refactoring, story writing and estimation).
- Knowledge or interest in EC2, S3 and new server technologies.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or technical/quantitative equivalent - degree preferred. Masters degree a plus.
- Passionate. Driven. High achiever. You challenge yourself and everyone around you to excellence.
- Extremely hard working. You should be ready to make Mixbook a priority in your life.
- Enjoy diversity and individualism; from flip-flops to foosball, suits to shorts @ Mixbook it is about being yourself in our collaborative team oriented, work hard – play hard, dog friendly environment.
Life at Mixbook
Mixbook is a fun, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where your contribution is not defined by your title but by the amazing work and passion that you bring to the table - it’s a meritocracy. You will work with people who are like-minded, passionate, and at the top of their game.
We’re a start-up that offers all the same benefits you’d find at the Bay Area’s hottest companies: medical/dental/vision coverage, 15 days paid time off, and all the shiny goodies you need to get your job done: a brand new Mac laptop and a big flat-screen monitor. More importantly, every employee is an owner of Mixbook - you will receive meaningful equity in the company.
Apply here: http://tinyurl.com/ck2rvjy