Are you a web programmer who wish to be able to generate and parse RSS/Atom feeds, iTune, KML steams and other XML files at ease, and participate in the cloud computing ecosystem?
Advance yourself this Spring! Enhance your programming skills on current web technology.
COIN078B02W "Internet Programming with XML" online course offered at Foothill College from April 5 till June 25.
Optional weekly face-to-face lecture/discussion meeting at
Foothill College Middlefield Campus
Cubberley Community Center, Building I
4000 Middlefield Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Advanced topics in Internet programming focusing on the use and integration of XML, DHTML, AJAX, and database technologies for Web 2.0 application development. This course is intended for students in the Internet programming discipline and professionals who need to develop hands-on programming skills specifically for integrating XML with other technologies and development of Web Services, including the use of REST, SOAP, WSDL, and WADL.
This is an advanced course that will cover the most current topics and technologies utilizing XML, with topical focus including Cloud Computing and Web Services. Topics will include an overview of the most current application architecture platforms and frameworks used by industry, including implementations in Windows, Unix, and Linux environments and vendor strategies.
- Learn to integrate XML and database technologies for Web application development
- Get skilled on XML formatting and transformation using XSL-FO, XSLT and XPath
- Understand Web Services, Cloud Computing and Service Oriented Architecture, including the use of REST, SOAP, WSDL, and WADL
- Explore Web/Cloud Services from Microsoft, Google, Yahoo!, Amazon, eBay, OpenSocial and Facebook social networking platforms
- Acquire hands-on experience in applying XML and Web/Cloud Services technologies
- Get experience in developing Web 2.0 apps and mashups, process blogs and RSS/Atom feeds
- Get free vendor software from Microsoft, Adobe, Oracle and others
More information at