Advanced GitHub & Git Course
Many Git workshops successfully focus on the basics for those new to DVCS. However, with Git having a full 5 years on the street now, there is a growing desire to address the maturing users of this innovative DVCS. This workshop will take existing Git users and bring them to a heightened level of productivity by leveraging Git’s powerful, yet underused “advanced” features.
Common Branching Strategies
Applying Branching Strategies
Branch Pull Options
Reusing Small Pieces of Code
Inserting Commits Into Existing History
Building Custom Commands via Aliases
Undoing and Re-doing Almost Anything
Minimizing Repetitive Conflict Resolution
Log History Searches
Advanced Interactive Rebase
Commit Data Structure Internals
• Enabling Git users to effectively migrate repositories from other formats.
• Facilitate history modification of Git repositories.
• Establish time-tested branching and merging strategies.
• Enhance knowledge of Git tools to simplify history.
• Search Git history with ease and precision.
• Move to and reuse code on other branches via commits and tags.
• Understand Git’s tagging and GPG signing process.
* Get your ticket here:
$60 for class