addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Silicon Valley Web Devs Message Board › Invitation to take over SilvaFUG

Invitation to take over SilvaFUG

Keith S.
user 6012233
Palo Alto, CA
Post #: 8
All,

Over the past year I have moved back into my professional stream of enterprise consulting and so have decided to step away from funding the Meetup site. Unless someone wishes to pickup the Meetup site, the Adobe Groups site will still be available: http://silvafug.group...­

Many of us have been following Apache Flex which has been progressing with substantial support from the community and Adobe Flexionados . Additionally, there continues to be a market for ActionScript-based game development which is quite interesting, particularly for the creatives in all of us.

SilvaFUG has been more than just a user group for many of us. We learned a lot, not just about technology but how to create a community and livelihood from it. We helped each other through a recession and an industry shift. That being said it is not over yet - the new game is open source which is just starting.

The open source game is grass roots and requires a passion from there. Should someone out there be willing to take over the site and group feel free to contact me.

Best Wishes