Almost 2 years ago we held a meet up at the first branch of Pita Pan, at Marina Bay Sands. This was tremendously popular and we enjoyed some delicious treats together including falafel, pita breads, hummus and salads. Pita Pan have recently opened a second branch here in Singapore, located at Marina Square mall, so I thought it'd be great for us to arrange a meetup and indulge once more in fine middle eastern cuisine!
When? Thursday 28th November, at 6:45pm
The format for this event is a specially arranged 'all you can enjoy' buffet at a flat price per head of $18 nett. This gives us a chance to sample a range of the most popular dishes on the menu. The menu will be as follows (subject to change slightly!):
• Falafel (crispy chickpea patties - there's the usual variety, ones with sundried tomato and also with basil)
• Pita Bread (freshly baked bread that's great for stuffing or dipping!)
• Hummus (chickpea and tahini dip)
• Babaghanoush (eggplant and tahini dip)
• Veggie Shawarma (soy based, high in protein and great stuffed inside pita bread)
• Jerusalem Salad (a delicious, flavourful salad)
• White Shakshuka (a tomato based stew topped with feta cheese)
• Green Shakshuka (a spinach based stew topped with haloumi cheese)
The food will certainly be very varied and colourful with quite a number of items suitable for vegans.
The buffet doesn't include drinks but there's a wide selection that can be ordered from the menu.
Pita Pan is located at Marina Square, which is close to both City Hall (North-South Line, East-West Line) and Esplanade (Circle Line) MRT stations. Here's a store guide that shows where Pita Pan is inside the mall - it's on Level 2. http://www.marinasquare.com.sg/directory/tenant/pita-pan
Hope to see you on the 28th!