addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Singapore Vegetarian Meetup Group Message Board › Free Global Warming Talk at Aljunied Area on 05 Sep 2-4 pm

Free Global Warming Talk at Aljunied Area on 05 Sep 2-4 pm

Low Chip K.
LowCK
Singapore, SG
Post #: 1
Hi Veg Meet-up friends,

I see that 25 members has signed up for the Sat Meet-up. :>
I could not attend the meet-up because I am holding a FREE GW Presentation event at Aljunied area from 2 to 4pm. I've written a mail to Neil on this and he suggested that I post the event on this Message Board so that those who are interested could attend after having lunch at TJ Pajar . :>

Event Details as Follows:

Presentation and Q & A
Title: “Global Warming : It’s Science / it’s Effects and Solutions”
Date: Sat 05 Sep 2009
Time: 2:00pm to 4.00pm
Cost: Free

Venue: Kampong Senang Holistic Lifestyle Centre & Eco Harmony Kitchen
Blk 106, Aljunied Crescent, Unit 01-205 (at ground floor of block)

[Near Arjuni MRT station]

The session consists of a 1 hr presentation and a 45 min Question & Answer discussion.

The presentation showcases the effects that climate change has on various parts of the world. [including Arctic Ice melts/ Sea level rises/ extreme weather conditions/ droughts/ floods / stronger hurricanes etc.] It studies the possible dangers if human continue ‘business as usual’ and explore possible solutions to climate change. The presentation features interviews with top climate scientists [such as NASA Director and UN IPCC scientists] and showcases what scientists & environmentalist recommends as the effective solutions to climate change. It also touches on issues such as deforestation, factory farming, food & water shortage, and world hunger.

The Q&A would encourage further discussions in line with the questions that participants asked.

The first 50 people who register by sending an reply email to me [cklowck@yahoo.com.sg] would get a FREE Video CD with interviews with top climate scientists [such as NASA Director/ United Nation IPCC panel chairman / UN scientist ] :>

For more details of the event, Pls visit:
http://sosglobalwarmi...­

Pls help to inform friends who are concern about the environment & see if they would like to attend this event. :> : ) We also accept on-site registration. :>

Cheers and onwards with the environmental message,
Low ck