addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Singapore Vegetarian Meetup Group Message Board › Vegan feathers?

Vegan feathers?

Lai C.
googhost
Singapore, SG
Post #: 2
I've been having this fixation with feathers lately. The only thing that's been stopping me from going out and getting a feather hairpiece is the fact that feathers come from birds, and there is no way of determining if these feathers were naturally shed, or plucked off them.

I like not to give them the benefit of the doubt, and I assume cruelty was involved. Plus, I don't want to encourage demand for feathers indirectly by wearing them?

I also love the look and texture of animal leather, BUT I have learnt to live without it.

Has anyone here faced a similiar dilemna?

I wish we had more vegan lifestyle choices here. Good thing we have the internet.

PS If anyone knows where I can get synthetic feathers... :)
Fong
Fong
Singapore, SG
Post #: 1
Hi Safeye.. Fong here.. new member.

Hmm.. you like accessories with feathers?
Have you tried to find at large scale accessories shops in Singapore? I know of a shop selling fashion accessoris, pretty wide variety of accessories.. located near carpenter street..

I'll be nice to know you.

Hope to hear from you soon. Have a nice day.
Lai C.
googhost
Singapore, SG
Post #: 3
I have no problem finding accessories with feathers; but I refuse to purchase these because the feathers came from living beings. I have ethical issues with the possible amount of cruelty that the birds went through with the feather-plucking.

Nature makes feathers too well, and it's probably next to impossible to find synthetic feathers in Singapore.

Thanks for your reply though.
Fong
Fong
Singapore, SG
I agree with you.
Those beautiful feathers from birds are what nature had made and god had given to them.

The process of making those accessories may have been cruel to the small little animals.
You are certainly someone with a very kind and caring heart.
It'll be nice to know a vegan like you.

Have a great day, Safeye!
Richard
user 4764043
Singapore, SG
Same issue for leather products such as belt, shoes, chair etc... do you guy avoid these products?