Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › Challenge: Say something good about your ex...

Challenge: Say something good about your ex...

Amy
AmyRenewed
Madison, WI
Post #: 2
There are many good things about my STB-ex. Physically, he is tall and fairly good-looking. He is smart and retains useless information well, so he is good at trivia. Basically, he has good genes! And a great family.
Optimistic C.
OptimisticChris
Madison, WI
Post #: 51
Sorry... still can't do it! Hopefully one day.
OC
A former member
Post #: 111
It is a sad day when Optimistic can't find a nice thing to say!
Optimistic C.
OptimisticChris
Madison, WI
Post #: 52
Au contraire Sarah... I have tons of wonderful things to say...

I am absolutely thrilled to have met all of the wonderful people in SP-DA that have crossed my path in 2011. You each have helped to add stability to my life - when I was buckled into the Divorce Roller Coaster. You have each provided me with smiles and tons of laughter - when my sad thoughts occupied most of my waking hours. You each have shown me that the "village" exists - and that it is not always "me - me - me... self - self - self..." or "F*%# You". I appreciate the insights, knowledge and advice that folks have shared - a blessing when you think that you are the only one facing the D problem.

To all my new friends... and those I have yet to meet...
"Seasons greetings"... and don't be afraid to lean on the group; you will be stunned by how much support you will receive!

OC
A former member
Post #: 112
What-ev! You know what I meant! But I do believe I feel my head swelling with all that I have done for you! Heeheeheehee!
Sue
user 19379981
Prairie du Sac, WI
Post #: 17
I will have to say I agree with OC 100% on both of his latest posts here.

Hard pressed to find anything good to say about the ex at this point in time. Which is very, very unfortunate...maybe someday.

This group and everyone I have met, chatted, laughed and cried with has been a wonderful source of support. Thanks to all and I wish you all a very Happy Holiday Season!!
A former member
Post #: 7
I'm there with both of you. It IS difficult to say nice things about the ex. I work SO VERY HARD to NOT say negative stuff in front of kids, and at this time of year work with my kids to be thoughtful of him and his fiancé - it kind of wears me out.

So without being two faced about it, I will say that he's charming, can talk to anyone. He is a quick learner with athletic endeavors, something I suck at, and am thankful if my kids got any of those genes from him. He works hard at his job and his colleagues like and respect him. Good values to pass on to his kids.
Jose
JoseNieves
Madison, WI
Post #: 20
Soooo.. She's technically not my ex yet but..

Hmm.. She loves our kids, she is a hell of a lot more organized and driven than me and she is very good at detaching herself emotionally when talking to her partner a.k.a me, moi, yo (a skill that I would LOOOOOVE to have right now)

Not sure if this is a good thing or not, but she suuuuuuuuucks at lying. She tries, ooo dear lord she does try, but she is just not good at it. It's either that or the fact that 99% of what comes out of her mouth I take as a bold-face lie so I catch her at it.. If you run into any really crappy liars, ask them if they graduated from the "Sara School for Dishonesty" Sorry, had to throw that out there.
Laura
user 24195222
Madison, WI
Post #: 7
He's funny. There, now I feel better about all the ugly things I was thinking!
A former member
Post #: 4
The smartest thing my wife ever did was leave me for another man. I wasn't about to leave and we certainly were getting sicker by the day living together. Saying that, she's still stepped out on me and it will be some time before I'll be able to forgive that.