Here are the initial plans:
Laura & I will prepare the turkey and an apple pie for dessert. I also made a carrot soup.
We'll be looking for others to contribute the following to feed 12 people:
• 3-4 jars of gravy and cranberry sauce.
• Enough potatoes for 12... peeled and ready to cook and mash at my house.
• Green bean casserole.
• Bread rolls... a selection of "flavors".
• Desserts - 2 pumpkin pies and ice cream.
• Appetizers - think cheese and crackers, peanuts, fruit etc.
• Wine... both red & white for dinner... the more the merrier! ;)
• If you have a special Thanksgiving dish that you'd like to bring, please feel free to add it to the list.
• Beverages of your choice.
Please be aware that I have a very small oven... only big enough for the bird. There will be no available oven space. Please plan accordingly.
Laura & I find ourselves without our kids this Thanksgiving... so we are wondering if anyone would like to join us for Turkey Day dinner. I did this two years ago and it was wonderful! Turkey Day with eleven complete strangers!
One of the guests wrote...
"I am SO Thankful... it was my first holiday without my children, and I couldn't have asked for a better group to hang with. The food was incredible, and the company more so. I am blessed to have been able to spend time with such great people."
We'd like to open up the guest list the following way...
Initially (until Nov 21st) to new members of SP-DA who are starting the process or have recently got divorced - this being their first Thanksgiving Day on their "own".
If we still have empty chairs...
November 22nd onwards, it will be an open invitation to other SP-DA members to rsvp.
So let us know if you are interested and we can start to put some more details to the Meetup. It will be "our day"... so we can do what we want! On the down side... hate to do this... but this will be an adult affair... no kids please.
We would like to limit the attendance to 12... at least for the feast part of the day. We can get a dozen around my table! We can also go for a walk, watch a movie or play games.
It does seem reasonable to ask folks to be sure that you CAN ATTEND if you RSVP "Yes"... I've included a wait list but people will really be looking to "lock in" their plans fairly early to reduce stress.