Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › The Man Thread

The Man Thread

A former member
Post #: 6
Here's my chime in:

I haven't a thread of anything to say. I DO know how to scare my daughters' boyfriends away, however. So, when your little girls get old enough for you to worry about that - just ask me!
Lynne
user 16733751
Madison, WI
Post #: 2
Wow, what thoughtful and caring dads you all are!

Love the Cinderella theme idea--how creative (see real men can think pink!!)

Even if you make some wrong choices with their clothes, events, etc. they will KNOW that their daddy cares and is trying. As a mom of teenage daughters, they learn real quick who is trying and who is interested.

From your posts, it sounds like you dads have great relationships with your kids, so just keep the lines of communication open and as they get a bit older (even as young as five or six), they will tell you what they want (especially with clothes).

And, where was this thread three weeks ago when I was trying to figure out the difference between a keyless chuck and a keyed chuck (and why I should even care). LOL.
A former member
Post #: 33
@lynne. do they even make a keyed chuck anymore?? I haven't had to look for my chuck key in decades :)
Brad
user 9893415
Middleton, WI
Post #: 12
Man up Scot, of course they do...Electric Drills, you ever try and hold the chuck and pull the trigger? You'll never do it again!
Laura
user 6540411
Group Organizer
Madison, WI
Post #: 101
What on earth is a keyed chuck?

Have to admit I was a bit apprehensive at first that the Man Thread would go in a different direction and I'd have to shut it down. wink But I love it! Who knew the biggest issues for guys would be buying kids clothes and fruits and vegetables.

Great idea, Brad!
A former member
Post #: 28
@ Scot - you need to just do your laundry. This will solve many of your problems. Might I remind you, my pre-mom career was in retail. Not only do I know how to dress someone, but I know how to shop the stores like nobody's business! Alas, it is a pain, so I am more than happy to avoid it!
A former member
Post #: 34
@Laura a "key'd chuck" is how you get a drill bit to stay/lock in place on an old ancient, electric drill. dinosaurs like Brad still use them today. Young hipsters like me us a keyless chuck that can be found on 99.9% of the battery operated drills. On a key'd chuck there as literally a "key" that would turn the "gear like" "Head" of the drill and squeeze the bit in place. Electric drills provide much more torque (rotating power), than battery operated, so the "grip and rip" technique of keyless chucks is not a good idea.

A former member
Post #: 65
First off, if this is the man thread, why are we putting on the "caring dad" face for the ladies. Yeah, we know we love our kids to death, but this is the man thread, we're supposed to be talking about booze and broads, dammit!

Okay Ladies, it is true that if you want to soften us up, talking about how we're a great dad is definitely the way to work us over. But I'm on to you all! You're just trying to use these poor innocent men for their bodies! Not that they should have a problem with that, I'm just saying... ;p
A former member
Post #: 38
@Todd. we have to put on the face so that Laura would allow it. Now that she has endorced the thread, we can run free :)

Speaking of Booze. Does anyone Brew their own Beer/Wine? I'm honestly thinking of giving up drinking, but I think that if I made my own... I might enjoy it more. I have a good friend who does, and it turns out delish. I was thinking that perhaps this would be a great MAN THREAD MEETUP. bunch of guys who don't know what they are doing.. brewing their own beer. OR I could invite my friend to Madison and he could "teach" us.

A former member
Post #: 71
It sounds like a cool project.

I actually drink very little overall. As I age, and sadly I'm only 35 feeling this way, but my tolerance for alcohol has gone down and I get sleepy and dehydrated if I do it too much. I'm sure I'm more conscious about this because I have Type 1 Diabetes and after 23 years with it I want to keep myself healthy so I don't have complications. I also tend to gain weight if I drink regularly and I rather like being in shape. But I do have a motto, "everything in moderation, including moderation". When you decide to do it, do it right!