addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › The Man Thread

The Man Thread

A former member
Post #: 51
silence is like death to this thread.

So here's my question for the dudes. '69 Shelby or '69 SS ????? Two of the greatest all time muscle cars, in one of the greatest years, where does your allegiance lay?

I just wanted to type 69 twice.
A former member
Post #: 5
Im going to have to go with the Camaro. Nothing taken from the Shelby as that is an incredible car too. From that same vintage I am also partial to the 68-70 Stingray Corvette in my opinion the most beautiful curves and lines on a car. Gosh thats a gorgeous car! Also the 70 Chevelle LS6 is pretty sweet too.
Laura
user 6540411
Group Organizer
Madison, WI
Post #: 106
Scot, Scot, Scot...be careful now. tongue

I had a 1970 Firebird in HS. Does that make me cool? It wasn't a muscle car though. It actually looked just like the one Kevin Spacey got in the movie American Beauty, except that one had a spoiler (I think) and mine didn't.
A former member
Post #: 6
I thought you were pretty cool before, but now your WAY cool! :)
A 1970 Firebird is a pretty sweet ride!

A former member
Post #: 16
Tough question…Must ponder…

Nothing sweeter than the GT 500, total classic. But, you ever see a Camaro SS without the front tires off the ground?

Anything Chevy stuck the SS on was raw power; that’s my allegiance.

Gotta give honorable to Mopar & the 440 6-pack.

Laura, bet you wish you had that one back.
Don
user 10037615
Black Earth, WI
Post #: 21
One problem with Firebirds was their suspension. The weak rear ends would slide out if anybody so much as spit on the street.

The most beautiful fairly modern cars I've ever seen are/were the Henry J, the Kaiser and the '68 or '69 Charger. The first Charger I ever saw was burnt orange and glided up along side of me on a Chicago expressway. The hour was late and ours were the only cars around. After a minute or so the Charger glided ahead leaving my friend and me in awe. It was kind of like having seen a UFO.
A former member
Post #: 17
mid-60s Austin Healey 3000 MK III

Like these 1967's:

http://www.flickr.com...­

http://2.bp.blogspot....­

Saw three of these at a car show a couple of years ago. First time I contemplated grand theft.

Laura
user 6540411
Group Organizer
Madison, WI
Post #: 109
The Man Thread's been awfully quiet...
Laura
user 6540411
Group Organizer
Madison, WI
Post #: 110
Here's a question for The Man Thread. And it may be controversial, so be warned!

According to the Urban Dictionary (urbandictionary.com), a "player" is defined as "a male who is skilled at manipulating ("playing") others, and especially at seducing women by pretending to care about them, when in reality they are only interested in sex. Possibly derived from the phrases "play him for a fool", or "play him like a violin"."

I am certainly not suggesting that all men are this way, but certainly some are. Why do you suppose this is?

And yes, there are lots of women jerks out there too. But this is The Man Thread so this question is about men. smile

Rick
RickThePerson
Madison, WI
Post #: 5
According to the Urban Dictionary (urbandictionary.com), a "player" is defined as "a male who is skilled at manipulating ("playing") others, and especially at seducing women by pretending to care about them, when in reality they are only interested in sex. Possibly derived from the phrases "play him for a fool", or "play him like a violin"."

I am certainly not suggesting that all men are this way, but certainly some are. Why do you suppose this is?
The flip side to this is why do women fall for BS artist players?

As for the men, it is pretty easy to put this in terms of evolutionary strategy. A man could either screw as many women as possible and hope something sticks, or by screwing one woman many times to insure that the next child is his and sticking around and helping that child survive. Society is more viable with the latter, so our institutions push for that model, so only a few percentage of males are actually players. However due to the number of women they sleep with, or try to sleep with, it is likely that most women meet a couple of them.

It would be interesting to know how much of this behavior has a genetic basis, or if sons of players are more likely to become players.

Or you can summarize this whole response by saying some men are players because they can.