addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › The Man Thread

The Man Thread

Brad
user 9893415
Middleton, WI
Post #: 22
What's this I see, The Woman Thread? Something wrong here guys, they're talk'n about home repair & cool stuff like that, we're talk'n about clothes & cooking, What's up? Think it's time to crack open some beers..If they haven't taken all of it :)

...btw, dyeing hair as we speak, gotta go - time for rinse.
Optimistic C.
OptimisticChris
Madison, WI
Post #: 12
Pretty soon I'm going to be wearing women's clothes.

Is it Saturday again already? !!! wink

OC
Brad
user 9893415
Middleton, WI
Post #: 23
Bump to get above that darn Woman Thread thing..

..But since I’m here, I do have a question. Picked up a new weed eater, and when I used it, it bogged down killing when the cutting cord hit grass. I mentioned this to a friend of mine when asked how my new toy was running, and she said it could be the gas oil mix. Well, of course I couldn’t say, “Hey, you maybe right” that would lessen my manhood and put me in the admitting I’m lost category. Anyway, since the first thing I did was toss the instruction manual, I had to research this. Turns out it’s the gas oil mix, I had the standard 50:1 mix and it takes 40:1 synthetic.

Question? Knowing I must dilute the mixture to 40:1, in anyone’s experience, does it really matter if the oil is synthetic or normal grab off the counter cheap stuff?
Rick
RickThePerson
Madison, WI
Post #: 11
Synthetic for a weed wacker?? That sounds like a scam to me, unless your weed wacker is made by Ferrari.
Brad
user 9893415
Middleton, WI
Post #: 24
Curious? Why wont this superior thread bump above that lesser thing called The _____ Thread after being posted in?

BTW Rick, that's kinda what I was thinking too.. But then again, thinking has got me in trouble before.
Laura
user 6540411
Group Organizer
Madison, WI
Post #: 140
Haha, Brad, I "unpinned" it from the top because I thought it had died out. But I'll re-pin it. Gotta give equal time to the guys and the gals!
A former member
Post #: 75
Brad, maybe you should post your question over on the woman thread - the chick that gave you the original advice is probably over there and may have the answers you are seeking. Or one of the other chicks (obviously not me, or I would have told you the answer by now) knows!
A former member
Post #: 15
Nicole,

Are you rinsing your dishes off before loading them? I can help with your curtains. Should take all of 5-10 minutes.
A former member
Post #: 77
oh Nicole! You have hard water. SPE has the same issue with his in Sun Prairie. I don't know why the landlord doesn't put in a softener. If that is what it is leaving his dishes like, I just can't imagine what it is doing to the plumbing in the place!
A former member
Post #: 90
I don't know, I think the reason why threads like this might not stay in what some might consider the "man" zone, is because not everyone thinks of being a man in the same way. I'm okay with cliches and every now and then I'll play it up just for fun, but sports bore me and comic books and creative stuff stimulate me more. I can somewhat appreciate things like cars but only to a point. When I was a kid I always asked my dad why my friend's parents had these sporty cars and he always drove these Chrystler old man cars. He'd start talking about all these trips we took to different parts of the world. He made he point that his car got from here to there just as well as those other cars. He then pointed out that some people fancy having a cool looking car, and some people fancy travel. That's a value I got from my dad and my relationship with my dad is what I think of when I think of men things.

One of the most important conversations I had with my dad is when he would talk about his father who died two years before I was born. He told me about how his dad never really took the time to tell him about himself and that he died feeling that he never knew his father and that it was because of that that he felt it was really important for him to share himself with me and tell me stories about his past, about things that interest him, and just spend time with me and get to know me. My dad isn't a perfect man, but he's given so much thought to being my dad, I'm blessed.

And if anyone wants to give me crap for being sappy or sentimental, you'll see how a comic book geek can throw down!