addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › The Man Thread

The Man Thread

Jose
JoseNieves
Madison, WI
Post #: 3
Sappy and sentimental?? Here's one for all the manly men out there..

Why is it that I can't seem to stop myself from crying recently? My ex-wife-to-be-in-the-next-6-to-7-months recently told me that there is NO way for us to reconcile and that she doesn't love me and hasn't loved me for some time even though I still love her from here to the moon and back 20 times. I feel like the guy from Green Eggs and Ham..

I do not like to cry at noon.
I do not like to cry looking at your moon.
I will not cry this winter.
I will not cry all over the printer.
I will not, will not cry.
I will, I will really try.

Is it this or the dread of having the formal “sit down discussion” with the kids? When and how do I have this discussion with them? Or could it be having to deal with splitting the financials and our assets? Or maybe it’s because we’ll have to sell the house and then I’ll need to find a place to live?

Or could it be that I’m feeling bloated all the time?? I mean, it’s not my fault.. I just happen to have my mother’s thighs. I start crying and then she gives me a look and it's like "Is this guy really doing that?? for real?? again??" mixed in with a little "There, there little baby!! Let it all out!!" and that's when the "50’s coach" in my head wakes up.

Coach: "Walk it off!! Walk it off!! No pain no gain!!! Awww come on.. GROW A PAIR!!!"
Me: "I'm sorry coach, it's just that.. it's that.. *sobs*cries* Can I get a tissue coach?"
Coach: "Really?!?! REALLY?!?! Damn it Nancy!! You wanna skirt with that?? You need to go to the nurse??"

So, in conclusion.. I need to get a hold of my emotions and “man up” a little. I’m sure that time will help with this but I have the patience of a chihuahua on crack in the middle of a home invasion.
Laura
user 6540411
Group Organizer
Madison, WI
Post #: 155
I am going to intrude on the Man Thread (as I am wont to do) to say...Jose, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. At least you have not lost your sense of humor in all this. Sounds like you're going through a rough time and a lot of uncertainty. I'm very sorry. Been there. It will get better. And it will be ok...eventually. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
A former member
Post #: 99
Jose! You are gonna be fine! A chihuahua on crack in the middle of a home invasion! That is frickin' hilarious and something I am going to use to describe my level of patience! Nice to know I am not the only one!
Brad
user 9893415
Middleton, WI
Post #: 29
New Year Resolutions, anyone have any?

I'd say I'm gonna quite drink'n & smoke'n, but that would be a lie, so my things are this

1. Eat healthier & ride my bike/exercise more

2. Don't worry about things I can't control

3. Open my mail - Before receiving FINAL NOTICE!

EDIT:

4. Remember to put coffee grounds in the pot! D'oh!
A former member
Post #: 27
yeah, I got some things I gotta get done. You could call them resolutions if you want.

1) get formally divorced as we are only legally separated now with no hope of anything going back to the way it was.

2) get my house titled in my name. she's gotta sign a doc - something about real estate transfer paperwork or something.

3) get central air installed in my house - lots cheaper than air conditioners

4) finish my web site redo

5) go to St. Louis with my son (serious road trip)

6) wink at the gals at the meetup gatherings more as if to suggest I know something they don't, like an inside secret

*** BTW # 6 is open to reconsideration depending on how many slaps I get ****
A former member
Post #: 114
Well, I am not going to stop drinking, but I am not going to drink THAT much ever again! I think I must be getting old! Happy New Year everyone!!
A former member
Post #: 3
New years resolution, simple. I don't ever want to be stupid enough to settle for any thing less than someone who can tell me what's on her mind the same way I can say exactly what's on my mind. Being who I am it's usually love of all things good and regret at the injustice of the world. Not too much to ask really. Honesty is just not a difficult thing even if we're afraid of what our mate may think of what we're contemplating. It gives clarity and direction even if the result isn't what we want, it just feels better. I'm beginning to like all this ranting I'm doing on these forums. I was never able to do this before. I am becoming who I've always known I could be!
Brad
user 9893415
Middleton, WI
Post #: 35
Nothing better than sitting on Bell Island listening to Madison County playing Red White & Blue while fireworks are blasting overhead, seeing friends (Take care of yourself Amy) and sipping on a cold one - Life is good.

Thank you to the men & women who sacrificed everything for us.