Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › The Woman Thread

The Woman Thread

A former member
Post #: 70
Carrie! I love it! Let's do it at your house. I think we should post it as an event, but maybe limit the # so there aren't too many people we can't accomplish anything. What needs done at your house?
A former member
Post #: 82
Since this is the woman thread, and women posted in the man thread, can I just ask, what is the deal with the toilet seat thing? I'll admit, I've been trained well but it's not that hard to lift it up, and it's not that hard to put it back down. Am I wrong here?
Jose
JoseNieves
Madison, WI
Post #: 5
Anyone up for bartering? If your home project is manageable, I can help with it (getting a group together would be even better) and all you need to do is lend an ear and smack me over the head when I tell you some ridiculous thing I recently did or said to my extremely estranged wife.

For the record, I am not a contractor or professional handyman. However, I have messed up enough times that I have a decent handle on some home projects (toilet and sink repair or replacement, grouting, tiling, etc). Unless you’re training to be a handyman-extraordinaire or have oodles of spare cash, you probably don’t need to buy a table saw or some of the other pieces of equipment. They take up space, they cost money and at the most, you might use it ever so often. Renting or borrowing are a better way to go and it’s what us weekend-repair guys do.

And another “for the record”, some of us (men that is) are as lost when it comes to home projects as the next guy (pardon the pun). That’s why we comb the internet (diynetwork (dot) com and thisoldhouse (dot) com are fairly good imho) and have a secret stash of repair books. This explains why we look at things with either our arms crossed or on our hips and a far-away look in our eyes (that’s us thinking “How the heck am I gonna do this? Who does she think I am? Super-Handyman with a big hammer logo on my chest? How much will it cost me? I wonder what I can make for lunch with just a pickle and half a bag of chips? What was I just doing?”)
A former member
Post #: 100
Jose, you are frickin' hilarious. You can come work on my house anytime! Ummmmm. . .I have such a big-ass list that you could come do whatever you want. There is so much wrong with my house that I couldn't even begin to prioritize what needs to be addressed first. I have a Habitat store near me too! Talk to ya at one of these meetups soon!
A former member
Post #: 15
Ladies please, it would be nice to feel appreciated again for such a little thing as handy work. I don't seem to be the only guy on this thread so I guess I'm not alone. I'd be happy to help out, it would keep me from embarrassing myself by wanting to keep focusing on my ex-house, if that's what you call them? Please distract me!