Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › Marriage Builders

Marriage Builders

Jose
JoseNieves
Madison, WI
Post #: 7
Anyone ever use any Marriage Builders (r) material to help with feelings of infidelity or other subjets? If so, what was your experience with it?
A former member
Post #: 1
Jose,

Check out the forums at talkaboutmarriage.com Tons of great advice and you will get some info on marriage builders on there. The site helped me a ton, I think you are going through what I went through. Take care bro!
Jose
JoseNieves
Madison, WI
Post #: 8
Thanks for the advice Marty. At this point, the marriage is soooooo over (paperwork has not been filed as she as been having an affair that she refuses to cease) and I am now looking for ways to get me and the kids through the hump.
A former member
Post #: 2
Check it out anyway. There is support for before, during, and after D. Also the coping with infidelity forum is the most popular forum on there. Wonder why. I spent days in that forum. I came away much better because of it. I am positive you will find some advice from someone on there that is in your exact situation. I know I did with mine, which is pretty similar to yours. I didn't wait for the affair to end to go for the D.
Christopher C.
user 25913242
Madison, WI
Post #: 1
Jose...Probably the best advise I can give you...for you...is to seek out a good therapist early on...I waited awhile and suffered far more pain then I should have. Sounds as if you have already accepted the fact that your marriage is over...as in...there is no going back! That is a very important step. Now you can look ahead and a good therapist (i recommend a female) can help speed along the process of moving forward with the rest of your life.
Jose
JoseNieves
Madison, WI
Post #: 10
Thanks Chris.. I have been seeing a therapist for about 4 months now and it does help. We've met with a couple's therapist (once before I found out about her multiple infidelities and once after) but of course, when he talks to her he might as well be talking to a wall. I'll continue going to the couple's therapist, until she gets tired of getting railed on by him, so I can continue with the closure and because I want her to hear what he has to say in hopes that at least 1% of what he says gets through.
A former member
Post #: 55
Wow, tough stuff. Jose, you can hope all you want, but she'll hear what she wants to hear, when she wants to hear it. The best you can do is keep your own nose clean and stick to the high road. If you do, you will never regret it. Voice of experience speaking.

Good luck.

Dave
Sue
user 19379981
Prairie du Sac, WI
Post #: 16
Jose, So sorry to hear your going through this. It is very difficult. I learned last year of my husbands affair. We went to couples counseling and it was all about me and all my faults. Then I found out he was doing both while going through counseling. He was not going to fire her so our marriage ended. Her marriage seems to be intact still. As much as it sucks sometimes there is hope. For the most part while I was going through it, I was totally isolated and didn't join any groups or reach out till after the divorce was final. This is a great group of people. Continue to reach out. You will get through it. You deserve to be happy. All the best to you.