addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › 1st Meetup Jitters

1st Meetup Jitters

Yasmine
user 36092052
Madison, WI
Post #: 3

Thankyou Chris for the encouragement. Actually do not know anyone here yet but hoping to change that pretty soon. I look forward to meeting you also.

Sara I would love to get together this weekend. I have absolutely nothing planned and am open to anything. So if you want to name the place and time, Ill be there.
A former member
Post #: 129
Sara and Yasmine! I am sans kids this weekend too and currently with no plans for Friday. Don't know what you all like to do, but I would be happy to meet up with the 2 of you too. If you like dancing, the best I have found is in the Dells. If you want to stay local in Madison (prob for a first time out), pick a place. I will check with Eric S. what he is doing too. Anyone else?! If you name a place, I will post it as an event and we can all meet there with anyone else that wants to join in.
Sara
Optimistic C.
OptimisticChris
Madison, WI
Post #: 79
The Whoonu group will be watching this thread too...
Maybe if you chose the Great Dane @ Hilldale, we'd for sure join ya'll.
No dancing but big place, pool, darts and great beer.

OC
A former member
Post #: 13
I would love to do Friday night, but I DO have girls then. We usually trade off on Saturday morning...whoever doesn't have them the weekend gets them Friday night. :) However, on Sunday Sara, if you or anyone else wants to join Yasmine or myself at Laredo's for lunch...I would love it!
A former member
Post #: 132
Awwww Sara! Yasmine made it last night! Now you simply must come to something sometime soon!
A former member
Post #: 14
Awesome! Go Yasmine! I AM trying...lol. Dancing sounds like SOOO much fun.
Julie
user 38463372
Dodgeville, WI
Post #: 4
Thanks for starting this thread, Sara. I just joined this group and am both nervous and excited to jump in and meet people too.

I am one of those that drives by and doesn't go in. Hopefully this wil not happen now that I've read so many nice things about the group! :)

Take Care!
A former member
Post #: 151
Julie! Give me your phone number and I will call and harrass you to make sure you come in! You will NEVER regret it and you will more than likely show up on Saturday too! It is going to be a gooooooood weekend! @ Sara M: Are you kid-free this Saturday? You really need to make it to one of these without kids.
Julie
user 38463372
Dodgeville, WI
Post #: 5
Sara W, you are super nice LOL

I will message you with my phone number. And anyone else if they are interested, just let me know!
Laura
user 24195222
Madison, WI
Post #: 13
Hi Julie!

Welcome to SP-DA! From one Dodgeville woman to another...please come out and play! Really, everyone is so nice and welcoming. I felt the same way you did at first - I was so nervous, I really did almost turn around and go back home. Thankfully I didn't! I met some wonderful people! We shared stories, played games, and laughed a lot!

Now I can honestly tell you that I start missing many of the members in between the gatherings. I don't know what I'd do without my SP-DA friends!! And that comes from my heart! smile

~Laura