addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
A former member
Post #: 8
I don't know about you...but I tend to have a few mantra's of sorts that I use when I am feeling blue...does anyone else have any that they may want to share??

My favorite (so far) is "If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got"...sooo the grammer stinks....but it reminds me that I have to change what "I" am doing, if I want to change my course....

I am curious...what are yours?
user 14011197
Westfield, WI
Post #: 4
"Change The Way You Look At Things And The Things You Look At Will Change"
Mary A.
user 14361280
Madison, WI
Post #: 44
OOOOOO Yeaaaa! After about 10 years of it, I REALLY got tired of it and just wrote a whole book on it and how to change it immediately and hopefully, permanently...I tried to hit all sides, but I continue to write.

FREE additional articles on my website here, I realized what a waste of life it is to not be your real, true, and happy self and it's very hard for me to see others struggling because it's so easy to change, I offer what I know to help this, in any way I can.

It only takes 5 minutes to check out my last article, "LOVE YOU" and I will make you feel better! : )

Have an awesome day...the world is waiting just for YOU!

Love and Best Wishes for making this the best year of your life!!

Mary Anne : )
Madison, WI
Post #: 31
When my STB talks to me I hear two things in my head "Lie!! Lie!!" and "Delete!! Delete!!" biggrin

The other one I've been using I stole from Dave (a member here):

"May your suffering teach you what you need to know and then leave you in peace."
A former member
Post #: 30
"There is a light at the end of every tunnel….just pray it’s not a train!"
A former member
Post #: 66
OMG, Jose, did I say that? It sounds familiar. I wonder where I stole it from. :-)

I would add something Thoreau said: "When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." Invite the feeling in, ask it what it needs, and give it space to work its magic. Of course, you don't want to do that in the midst of a tense encounter. At such a time it's best to simply remember who you're dealing with; essentially, "know thy enemy," but not in a combative way. If you open to what the barking dog has to say you'll learn its language and it will become your friend and protector.

Best of luck.

Mike C.
user 9590675
New Glarus, WI
Post #: 9
"Happiness is wanting what you have" is one of my faves that I try to live everyday by.

Although there are times when it feels like I live by "Stupid is as stupid does". ;-)
user 35996062
Madison, WI
Post #: 1
I have this one on a magnet in my bathroom so that I can read it while brushing my teeth right before bed if need be: "Finish each day & be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders & absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely & with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Though, I have to admit that sometimes as I'm reminding myself to keep breathing as I listen to my son's dad I hear my made-up Albert Einstein voice in my head saying, "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." always makes me smile.

Finally, "This too shall pass..." is one of my favorites when I hit a rough patch. Reminding myself that negative moments are temporary in the big scheme of life is so true and this allows me to feel my feelings so that I can focus on learning from the experience. Of course, this also means the positive moments are temporary as well - acknowledging this has helped me to stop and embrace moments & love them for all their wonderfulness.
Cathy P.
Madison, WI
Post #: 10
@ Mary Ruth Yeah, "This too shall pass..." has saved me more times than I can count! smile

I tend to worry so much about what *might* happen that I don't want to move and therefore make a mistake. I have this quote from George Herbert tucked into a photo of Nadia and I that sits on my breakfast table, so I am sure to see it each morning:

"Do not wait; the time will never be "just right". Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along."

Tools, for me anyway, has been about what I have inside me to carry me through the dark times. It's also been about people who have come into my life. Sometimes they are there to teach me a lesson about myself, one that I would rather not learn, but have to! Other times they are there for support, encouragement, and acceptance of who I am right now. I have to be open to making mistakes, because that's where the learning comes in. Sometimes what I learn isn't fun, necessarily, but it's still important-it makes me a whole person.
A former member
Post #: 67
"It's not about YOU!"

This statement used to be on a little sign in my office where only I could see it. It's helped me through some challenging times, and I could have used it in so many more. There are few issues in the world that really are about us. If we can see into the situation we'll usually find that someone else's welfare or interests are lurking close at hand, and if we make them important we'll almost always get a better outcome. It doesn't mean setting oneself aside; it means not setting others aside.

For the most part, it really isn't about you.