Amy
AmyRenewed
Madison, WI
Post #: 20
I collect quotes, so I could go on and on, but here are a few favorites for the moment:

-The definition of insanity is doing the same things but expecting different results.

-Keep your chin up; it keeps your mouth closed. (Especially useful when your stbx is hitting your buttons.)

-Swallow your pride occasionally- it's nonfattening. (This is my reminder that I don't have to win the battle even when I'm right- I can choose to let it go if it really doesn't matter. Very good with a 4 year old, too. Hmm....)

-Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. (And anything else Einstien said.)

And my Dad's motto:
-Life is not a journey to the grave
With the intention of
Arriving safely in a pretty
And well preserved body,
But rather to skid in broadside,
Thoroughly used up,
Totally worn out,
And loudly proclaiming,

WOW!!!! What a ride!

A former member
Post #: 17
So many lovely thoughts.
I must say I'm a bit partial to the emerson's quotes.
I try to remember that if I'm allowing someone else to share my bubble, I had best be sure they want to be there and if not, "let them go for the love of god."
As Dave says, it is almost always not about me.
That said, I'm the only one who's going to be there at the end of the day staring into the mirror, I'd better be true to myself so that I can look that guy in the eyes and feel like it is worth it after all!
Ari
Ari1
Verona, WI
Post #: 4
A former member
Post #: 12
12 Relationship Truths We Often Forget

Great article, Ari1!

--NancyA
A former member
Post #: 137
mine is "stupidity creates jobs and is good for the economy!" Not sure it has to be quoted as I don't think I got it from anywhere, but that is what I calm myself with in the face of stupidity.
A former member
Post #: 138
Thanks Ari! It had some stuff in it I really needed today.
Tom
user 10815187
Madison, WI
Post #: 4
Be the person your dog thinks you are!
Amy
AmyRenewed
Madison, WI
Post #: 41
I have been thinking about this thread since I posted and I finally just bit the bullet and dug out my quote book. There is a poem that I have had for over 15 years, and within my marriage the final line would float through my head during the worst heartbreak. It is less applicable to me right now, but maybe others will find wisdom or comfort in it. I don't know the title or author.

As children bring their broken toys
with tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken heart to God
because he was my friend.
But instead of leaving him
in peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help
in ways that were my own.
At last I snatched them back and cried,
"How can you be so slow?"
"My child," he said, "What could I do?
You never did let go."

A former member
Post #: 1
When you smile, the world smiles back.
A former member
Post #: 43
Was having a hard day today and needing a little inspiration... and stumbled upon this quote:

The difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how you use them. -Unknown author

Somehow, I feel like that's what it's all about. It is all in your perspective. If you don't open up your eyes and see the stepping stones for what they are, you're bound to trip and stumble over them instead.