A former member
Post #: 37
Amy, I'm with you. Here's to letting go. I don't always know what to do when my emotions Overwhelm me, but I know surrender is the only means I have for getting through to the other side.
Laura
user 6540411
Group Organizer
Madison, WI
Post #: 183

The difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how you use them. -Unknown author

That's a great quote, Jen! Thanks for sharing it.

Renee K
user 14022958
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
My favorite is "just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending.... it became a butterfly..."
Mary A.
user 14361280
Madison, WI
Post #: 47
I give this advice to adolescents I speak to:

For every thought, action, feeling, ask yourself: Is this HELPING me and my life?

If the answer is not a joyous, "YES!" ... it is NOT part of your true self and NOT supposed to be in your life. (Chances are, you're listening to your fears and hurts more than your true self.)

Practice replacing it, immediately, with something that makes you happy--ANYTHING! LISTEN to your heart, and your true feelings...the world is desperately waiting for you to be your unique, true self...no one else can fill your spot and everything you do or don't do DOES affect the rest of the world! : )

One thing we have FULL control over, is ourselves and our lives...don't let your fears drive! Take back the wheel...LISTEN, LISTEN to your feelings, on everything! Makes you feel good = true self; Doesn't make you feel good = NOT your true self!! Let the real you out.