Katherine
user 13668214
Madison, WI
Post #: 6
I was wondering if any of the other single mom's on here are willing to do a babysitting exchange with me. I would like to go to the NARI expo to do some business networking and get to know some of local builders. I am an Interior Design sudent and will need to start working soon. I can go either Sat anytime or Sun morning. I have an 8 year old daughter.

Thanks!
Katherine D
Cathy P.
Mom2Nadia
Madison, WI
Post #: 11
Hey Katherine,

If you wanted to drop Camille off here about 1 PM or so, that would work out great! I work out at Princeton Club in the morning, then head to Nadia's gymnastics class from 11-12:15. We'd come home and have lunch, and then Camille could come over and hang out. There's a park within walking distance, lots of toys in N's room, etc. I'll keep them busy, never fear! wink Let me know...

Cathy
Optimistic C.
OptimisticChris
Madison, WI
Post #: 77
I'd go even further Katherine and expand the question...

Are there any folks out there who find it hard to get to evening, "adults only" Meetups because they are the sole parent, ie. they always have their kid(s)???
(I have mine every other week).

I would think that this group would be able to get together a small group of single parents who commit to helping each other take advantage of the social facets that SP-DA offers.

Just thinking out loud...
Volunteer to baby sit for someone so that they can go to a meetup... That in turn gets reciprocated at a later date.
It's nothing more than a group within a group!
Further...
It could be a member who has kids on a particular weekend, being willing to baby sit for another member so that they can get some socializing in... we all need our "adult time"!
It should be free (IMHO)... but open to discussion/negotiation.
Be patient... this may take several months to fully materialize.

So who wants to start the ball rolling? Anyone?
I remain...

Optimistic Chris
Paula G.
user 12097140
Madison, WI
Post #: 4
I would love to explore some kind of babysitting exchange! Since I have the boys every night, except for Saturday nights, I have a 24-hour period where I'm trying to do homework; clean; get groceries; spend time with friends; and have "alone-time." I work full-time and so one day is not enough. I don't end up getting to too many meet-ups because I'm trying to fit so many other things in during that 24-hour period!

My boys are 6 and 9 (turning 7 and 10 in March and April). We live at Eagle Heights since I'm still a student.

I don't know how this would work, but I would be willing to explore some options!

Paula
Yasmine
user 36092052
Madison, WI
Post #: 4
I think this is a wonderful idea.

I live in Arena, which is 30 mins outside of Madison. If parents dont mind me in their homes I am more than willing to help out anyone in need of a break. I have my kids every other weekend, plus 3 days during the week. My kids would probably enjoy getting to meet and play with other children too.

Also I am pregnant so I may have some need of this in the future :)
Amy
AmyRenewed
Madison, WI
Post #: 30
I'm loving the idea. I haven't babysat in years, with the exception of emergencies for my neighbors in CO, but why not?
I think it will be easier once my stbx moves out, though. Hopefully by the end of the month!
Katherine
user 13668214
Madison, WI
Post #: 7
Well, I didn't know this was up here...thanks Chris! and everyone else

I am hopeful and....optimistic!

Katherine
A former member
Post #: 22
I have 24/7 custody of my son but my problem is that I live in the opposite direction .... out by Janesville.

I don't attend events often because of babysitting. I have a curious/vivacious 8 year old son Zac.

I don't know how an exchange would work for me but am up to some ideas.

Any thoughts?
Jane L
user 9999308
Madison, WI
Post #: 25
Yasmine and Michele:
Y: I have parents who have a house in Mazo/Arena and they take my one son, who is seven often and they are looking sometimes for a playmate for my son to have at his grandparents who live on Hwy K. We will be willing to exchange information with you when you are interested !

M----> I live on the East side of madison, but would be willing to have your kids over anytime you want to attend a meetup event in the Madison area. I live by Rocky Roccco's and have one 7.5 yr old who will be 8 this yr.
Jane L
user 9999308
Madison, WI
Post #: 26
Does anyone else have kids who are off from school the FIRST week of April instead of after the Easter Holiday. I am may need someone to care for my son on Monday, April 2 in Madison if at all possible.

Thanks! love struck