addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Paula G.
user 12097140
Madison, WI
Post #: 5
Hi Katherine, Amy, Michelle, Jane,

We live at Eagle Heights in Madison near UW hospital. My boys are almost 7 & almost 10. I would love to do babysitting swapping & we could use our apartment if you don't mind coming here. I work full time so wouldn't be available during spring break. Saturday afternoons, Saturday nights & sundays would work best for "swaps" for us. Weeknights ok on occasion, if not too late. Paula
Cathy P.
Mom2Nadia
Madison, WI
Post #: 14
Hi ladies!

I think this would be great! Nadia and I live near a park (within walking distance), near West Towne Mall. Let's see what we can do. Weekend nights would work best for me too. While my mom is nearby, and loves to take care of Nadia, there have been times (like last night, ai yi yi!) when I would have loved to go out but could not. Let's make it happen! smile
MaryRuth
user 35996062
Madison, WI
Post #: 3
Hi all!

I think a babysitting exchange of sorts sounds amazing. My son is 7-years old and we live on the near West side in Fitchburg.

Jane, my son also has spring break the week of April 2nd...which means he'll be coming with me to work! He's grown-up being used to coming with me to school (when I was a grad student) and now as an instructor at EC whenever he is off school or sick. It's not ideal, but it works.

It might be fun to have a kids play-date (and SP play-date with them) so the kiddos can get to know each other & us adults before child care ensues.

Perhaps a meet-up at a park or indoor play area or someone's house? ...I'd love offer my place, but we're in an apartment which, size-wise, isn't really conducive to a plethora of people.
Adam L.
user 13628645
Edgerton, WI
Post #: 8
I too would be interested in this.... I would be willing to offer my help too. Some of you have seen me with my two boys and that should speak for itself. I live in Edgerton though and that might be a problem because most of the people in the group live in or much closer to Madison. My place is limited on space too. But I could lead kids on trips to the zoo, park or whatever. I would like to help at a time that I would have my boys so that they could meet other kids too. My kids are 3 and 5yo. I have the advantage (at this time) of having some days available. I am a FT paramedic and work 24hrs and then have 48 off. Will see where these postings go. Adam
A former member
Post #: 8
I live on the east side of Madison and I think a single mom with a girl would be a good match for us. Anyone out there? :)

Katherine
Trisha
user 7225160
Madison, WI
Post #: 2
I would also be interested in this. I have my daughter full time, she is five. We live in Verona, behind Hawks Landing.

Trisha
A former member
Post #: 9
Let's try to get a meetup going for potential exchange folks and their kids. My place is also not ideal: too small.

Looking for a place!
Cathy P.
Mom2Nadia
Madison, WI
Post #: 15
This weekend is kind of busy, but what about next weekend at my place? There's a park within walking distance, and if there's no snow the kids can get their energy out that way. We also have a lower level, so when it's time for the kids to chill, there's a place for that. Let me know what y'all think...smile
A former member
Post #: 10
Sounds great Cathy! Why don't you go ahead and post it as a meetup, so that everyone can see it. Something like: "play date for potential babysitters", or something more well worded!

Thanks!
MaryRuth
user 35996062
Madison, WI
Post #: 4
Thanks, Cathy!! Next weekend Sunday works best for my little guy & me. Saturday is a busy day of karate & swimming, though I'd be willing to have my son skip one of these so that we can meet all of you if Saturday works better.

Meetup: "Babysitting Swap Open Play Date" or "Play Date for Babysitting Swap." You could also sub "Exchange" for "Swap." haha, I'm spending far too much time coming up with a name for this Meetup ...clearly procrastinating on the grading of my students' exams here.