addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Amy
AmyRenewed
Madison, WI
Post #: 36
That sounds great! I will certaily pencil it in; I have an assessment starting at work that weekend, but I don't know if/when they are going to want me there yet, but I'll try to do both if at all possible.
Cathy P.
Mom2Nadia
Madison, WI
Post #: 16
Consider it done, fair ladies! smile I'll put it on as one of Mary Ruth's suggestions (had to laugh at the procrastination grading piece! BTDT!) for a Meetup. I'll put it as a Sunday-next weekend Nadia doesn't have swimming, so that's a big chunk of time right there. Would 2 hours be OK? I can be flexible to an extent, so if something doesn't work, let me know! A huge THANK YOU to Katherine for the heads up! love struck Big hugs to you, my friend!
Amy
AmyRenewed
Madison, WI
Post #: 37
Ah, sadness- my little guy is only 4, not quite school age yet. I'll keep an eye on it to see if ome younger kids are coming, though.
Katherine
user 13668214
Madison, WI
Post #: 11
Sunday is fine by us! Thanks Cathy
MaryRuth
user 35996062
Madison, WI
Post #: 5
Hi Amy- please do come along with your 4-year old! Parents of non-school age kiddos still need babysitters :) And I feel strongly that us adults could use a network of other single parents...for support, friendship, kid play-dates, etc.

I look forward to meeting all of you!
Jane L
user 9999308
Madison, WI
Post #: 27
[I think I missed the whole email string about getting together the last Sunday in February. Although I am still interested in getting together with other Moms/Dads who need childcare, I am looking for specific things that people know are going on April 2 - April 5.

Does anyone have suggestions besides a trip to the Dells which is very tentative at this point for the 4th of April for us ?? I live on the Eastside of Madison, so childcare there would be easier than West Towne area.
Cathy P.
Mom2Nadia
Madison, WI
Post #: 19
Hi Jane! Sorry we missed you, but never fear, there will be more opportunities! smile

Regarding your question about what to do for spring break, I haven't heard of anything yet. The big thing for me is that my daughter is having a sleepover at Madtown Twisters (west) on the 5th, (woo-hoo! I can actually chill out that night!wink) but I'll keep my eyes open and see what things come up. Hope to see you and your child soon! cool
Laura
user 6540411
Group Organizer
Madison, WI
Post #: 186
I'm so happy to see the parents of younger children forming some connections! My kids are well past play date age at this point, so it doesn't make much sense for me to host those kinds of events. But I hope that those with kids of similar ages can keep this momentum going. I really appreciated being able to take my kids to different SPDA get togethers when they were younger, and my kids loved it, too!
Jane L
user 9999308
Madison, WI
Post #: 28
Cathy,
What is the event that your daughter is registered for at Madtown Twister's . My son has gone there and really enjoyed the atmosphere of the gymnastics activities. This summer he will be enrolled in a Gym camp where he goes for gymnastics for half the day and swimming for another 2 hours of the day.

Thanks,
Jane
Cathy P.
Mom2Nadia
Madison, WI
Post #: 20
Hi Jane! Nadia has been enrolled in the 7-10 year-old girls classes, where they work on 4 Olympic events. Nadia loves it, and has really improved especially on the balance beam. She loves doing flips (that's my adrenaline junkie daughter for you!) and of course the trampoline. She's going to be enrolled there over the summer as well. I can't say it enough-LOVE Madtown Twisters!smile