addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › Amicable relationship with less than amicable feelings....

Amicable relationship with less than amicable feelings....

A former member
Post #: 3
Hello

This is part of the grieving period for you, I would encourage you to focus on today and make decisions which make the most sense to you, in the moment.

I have been divorced for 8 and on my own for 16 years now, it is a long story and I wouldn't want to bore you with everything. Although I would encourage you to look at this as an adventure to find the strengths and weaknesses in yourself without being critical.

It is true that time is a healer, may not heal everything but definately takes most of the pain away.

All the best!
Huma
A former member
Post #: 30
So the good advice that I have heard here has proven true once again. My daughter has had time to think about this whole getting everyone together thing and has decided of her own accord to have separate celebrations. She is so capable of making the difficult decisions that I am sometimes dumbstruck by her emotional maturity. So I moved my stuff out of the home today. I had lots of friends for support and was able to remain fairly detached throughout,. Not that I won't feel the sucker punch soon I know. I did get a little satisfaction knowing that my ex would come home to see the emptiness that parallels the emptiness she has left for me. Just a little satisfaction, I am moving on and I have no more room in my life for the uncaring, inconsiderate personality she showed me so many years. Looking forward to new and exciting people in my life. Moving my things was so cathartic, not at all as sad as I thought it would be. Thanks guys
Amy
AmyRenewed
Madison, WI
Post #: 33
Cal, you give me hope. My husband is planning to move out by the end of the month, and I ache for the pain I've caused him (in his eyes, he did no wrong). But I know this is the right thing for me and, more importantly, my son. The relationship was toxic, and killing me slowly- to teach my son that is normal would be wrong. I hope he finds moving out cathartic, as well, and realizes eventually that this was the best thing for him, too. We both deserve better.