add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › Completely unrelated and fun!

Completely unrelated and fun!

Madison, WI
Post #: 38
Hi everyone!

Most of you don't know me, as I have not been able to make it to meetups yet. However, I want to share some positive stuff (since I already do the rest!), so check it out:

If you watch the Oscars tomorrow night, one of the movies has a WI connection. George Clooney's latest, The Descendants, was written by a Hawai'ian woman named Kaui Hemmings, who had the amazing good fortune (and good taste) to marry my little brother. Alexander Payne, the director, had them on set for a lot of the filming, and they are both actually in the movie, as is their daughter.

So, if you don't already have a favorite for Best Picture, Best Actor, Best screenplay based on a novel, Best Director, or Best Editing, cross your fingers for it!

And yes, I have told my brother that, if he talks to George again, he should invite him to visit... *swoon*
A former member
Post #: 15
That is really awesome, Amy! I'm sure your brother has many interesting stories to share. I should think that the movie will win in at least one of the categories, but it would be awesome to get the screenplay Oscar!!

Thanks for telling us about this Wisconsin connection and your personal connection as well! smile

A former member
Post #: 16
Hi Amy! I see your sister-in-law did indeed win for best adapted screenplay! WOW you must be so excited and so proud! What an amazing honor.

Here is one story that mentions your sister-in-law's name. I'm sure there will be many more soon.­

A former member
Post #: 17
That's awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us smile

Optimistic C.
Madison, WI
Post #: 86
Since this thread is called... "Completely unrelated and fun!"...

I wanted to point out that the Pentathlon meetup has opened up one spot and there isn't a Wait List!!!
Surely someone is up for filling it?

It is scheduled for Sat March 24th... all day!­

Madison, WI
Post #: 40
Thatnks for the link, Nancy; I am highly amused by the fact that they got her name somewhat wrong! She goes by Kaui Hemmings, though "Hart" is her mom's madien name and her middle name, so for a while she was Kaui Hart Hemmings.
She never did take my brother's name- I'm guessing Hemmings is just easier to spell than Lautenbach!