addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › I thought this was cute...

I thought this was cute...

Kristine T
user 18088701
New Glarus, WI
Post #: 6
Willie W.
user 10954901
Madison, WI
Post #: 3
Nice post Kristine. Personally, most of these positive things I do. A couple of the negative things I use to do when I was married. I like to think that I have moved beyond that.

What do the rest of you think about the 16 things listed?
A former member
Post #: 40
I think it's right-on. Don't stop trying to be the best person you can be, no matter how long you've been together.
thanks for sharing!~
user 8166286
Madison, WI
Post #: 23
Kristine, thanks for posting this link. Great all-around advice--spot on, as they say--and not only for couples but applicable to relations with other family members, including children. (Regarding the latter, I am thinking of the advice on emphasizing the positive and criticizing less, using fewer labels and pressure, avoiding shouting, even when not done in anger, going towards the other person's interest in a particular activity, etc.)
user 64365542
Madison, WI
Post #: 4
I'm guilty of most of the items on that list. On one hand it feels good to know that I am not the only one who has acted stupidly during a marriage, on the other... I don't think there is a timely lesson to learned here, at least not for me, I am 11 years fatter, uglier etc etc and my life is a total disaster right now. I don't want to love anyone anymore, I don't want any relationships, nothing at all.

Cindy R
user 26664792
Oregon, WI
Post #: 9
Thanks for sharing this blog. It does really point out that any relationship that is important to you takes work and cannot be taken for granted. Everyone needs to be appreciated and needs that to be communicated to them verbally and physically. The little things matter the most. This is a great reminder that it takes two to tango (both fully invested to make each other's life a little better). Loved reading