Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › Signing the lease

Signing the lease

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi ,
I am signing the lease to the new apartment today ...I am so filled with anxiety, fear of the unknown , am I doing the right thing???? I guess from reading other posts this is normal to feel this way. Its just part of the process ...but gosh it feel so overwhelming. I am sorry for feeling so needy...but I guess right now I am

Anne
Optimistic Chris
OptimisticChris
Madison, WI
Post #: 157
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Welcome aboard SP-DA Anne. You are in the best Meetup group - our members are fantastic!
I remember when I moved out of the "family" home... it was not fun! I had my soccer club help me. What had taken me 2 weeks to box up... was out of the house in 8 minutes! The larger stuff too another 35 mins! My friends helped me to set my new place too. "Tell us where you want it Chris!"... was music to my ears.
I had anticipated sitting down in the middle of a room full of boxes and just crying. It didn't happen. My "home" was set up and organized. It was time to open a new chapter and move forward!

It wasn't always easy. I still "tear up" occasionally... mostly because of the loss of dreams and family... BUT... life is SO MUCH BETTER NOW!

Lean on this group. You will be stunned by the support you receive in return!
When you are ready to move, let me know. We'll make it a meetup and you will be surprised at how many will volunteer to help on moving day (right team?).

Good luck Anne!

OC
A former member
Post #: 3
Oh My Goodness .. Thank you so much for your encouraging words!!! I will say I need the support of others and I think I have found the right place. I look forward to the day I can give back some words of wisdom..
Dave D.
user 40528482
Waunakee, WI
Post #: 2
Welcome to the group Anne!! I agree with Chris, this is a wonderful group and you will find many nice people here that are going through or have been where you are at right now. This first step you are taking is one of the biggest and most scary, but it is just one small step into a new life. I had many of the same misgivings that you have and I experienced many of the same things Chris had and did not have this group to lean on, I wish I did! It would have made life much easier. You will find many friends to help here that you did not realize you had and it will make your pain a little easier.
The unknown is a scary thing, but it can also be looked at as an adventure yet to be taken just outside your door! You don't know what is out there but you know is has to be better than where you are now. So hang in there, put your best foot forward and try to look at it as a step forward into a new day, not a scary step into some dark place. You have many new things to look forward to in your new life, so concentrate on them and things will look brighter for you. Hope you have a nice day!!

Dave D.
A former member
Post #: 4
Thank you Dave... The unknown is so scary , but you are correct if life remained the same I would suffocate!
So each day will become one step closer to recovery. I must say again I am so happy I have joined I feel for once I am not alone I will survive....
Have a fabulous day everyone!
Dennis
DenF
Madison, WI
Post #: 1
Anne, I'm in a similar situation and relate with the anxiety and emotions you have expressed. In response to Cris... I would be happy to help out with moving if needed. I'm brand new to this city and this group. A few days ago I felt completely isolated, but I have since met some very nice and supportive people. Good luck!
A former member
Post #: 7
Hi Dennis,
Thank you ! The Anxiety is awful the highs and the lows... I have been reading everything I can get my hands on that is inspirational, and listing to music it seems to help!

Welcome to Madison its a wonderful town with great people!
Best of luck,
Anne