addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › SP-DA lost a member this past weekend...

SP-DA lost a member this past weekend...

Optimistic C.
OptimisticChris
Madison, WI
Post #: 158
I understand this was in Sundays paper...

MADISON - Kenneth M. McDonald, of Madison, was born May 20, 1964, in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. He was raised by his parents, Kenneth and Esther McDonald, in Yellowknife, Northwest Territory, Canada. He died at home on Sunday, Feb. 10, 2013, following a long illness.

Ken moved to the United States following the completion of his graduate studies. He was a technical writer for computer programming. He co-authored "The Quick Python Book" in 2000. He developed a program to enhance some three dimensional special effects in movies. He loved to dance, travel and try new technical gadgets.

Ken married Joanna Palmer in 2003. They divorced in 2009. Ken is survived by family in Alberta and the Northwest Territory of Canada; close friends, Dale McGladdery, Gillian Jones and the Palmer family who became his close family.

A memorial service will be held at ADVENT LUTHERAN CHURCH, 7118 Old Sauk Rd., Madison, on Thursday, Feb. 28, 2013, at 6 p.m.

Read more: http://host.madison.com/news/local/obituaries/mcdonald-kenneth-m/article_6b091a3e-7c5a-11e2-9f34-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz2MDfwyWLM­
Ken
user 10992199
Madison, WI
Post #: 51
This is sad news. I always looked forward to seeing Ken at events. I have good memories of talking with him.
Sue
user 19379981
Prairie du Sac, WI
Post #: 31
Very sad. I enjoyed my conversations with Ken at the various meetups. He will be missed.
Cathy P.
Mom2Nadia
Madison, WI
Post #: 44
Ken was always a gentle soul with a kind heart. Each time I saw him I appreciated what it took for him to come out and be social-he was more of an introvert, with a huge heart. God rest you, Ken. Find peace at last.
Laura
user 6540411
Group Organizer
Madison, WI
Post #: 196
Chris, thanks for posting this. Cathy, well said. I also know that it took a lot for Ken to get to meetups, but he always seemed to appreciate being amongst our great group. Very sad news indeed. We will miss you, Ken.
A former member
Post #: 13
I will never forget my first Thanksgiving with my new SPDA family at Chris' house last year. I think more of the attendees were born outside the US and it made for really interesting conversation. Ken was our Canadian. He was a good sport and came right back at us when we compared our countries. (ya hey). He also drove at last year's pentathlon (designated driver!). And I've seen him at many other gatherings. Cathy captured him well, a very gentle person who loved his kids with all his heart. I am so sad for his family. Thanks for letting us know, Chris. He was way too young and kind to go so soon.
Cathy P.
Mom2Nadia
Madison, WI
Post #: 45
Julie, that first Thanksgiving was a good one, huh? I came in after the dinner was over, and I gotta say that was a great night for Ken! He felt so comfortable thanks to all of you. I knew Ken before Meetup, and it made me happy to see him having fun that night.