addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › overheard some little kids today

overheard some little kids today

Ken
user 10992199
Madison, WI
Post #: 59
So I was walking on Picnic Point. A beautiful crisp day, late afternoon, the Sun was still out over deep blue water. There was a young family with a fire at one of the designated areas. Mom, Dad, and two boys, about ages 4 and 5.

As I passed their site, this is exactly what I heard:

5-year old: Can we have marshmallows now?

Dad: Yes. You can each have two.

5-year-old: Can I have three?

Dad: Yes, you can have three.

4-year-old: I want three!

Dad: You can have three, too.

5-year-old: I want four!

4-year-old: Then I get four!

5-year-old: Then I'm having FIVE! That's more than four!

4-year-old: DAD!

Dad, having heard some variation of this argument many times before: You can each have ONE.

(Silence as this sinks in. Neither boy moves. Dad sounds serious.)

A few seconds later:

5-year-old: Can I have two?

I hope you all had a good summer, SPDA-ers. - Ken
Optimistic C.
OptimisticChris
Madison, WI
Post #: 233
They learn VERY QUICKLY!
If I may piggy-back on your thread Ken...
I teach elementary Physical Education, mostly kinders and 1st graders. The first 5-6 mins of every class is an exercise time. Yesterday, one on my kinders classes was about 4 minutes in... think heart rate going up, think breathing increasing, think sweat beginning to bead on the forehead. This one little black girl looked at me as she went around the corner and said...
"I didn't sign up for this!"