Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › Settlers of Catan...

Settlers of Catan...

Optimistic C.
OptimisticChris
Madison, WI
Post #: 239
I'm wondering if anyone has S of C board game. My son is raving about it! Hoping I might be able to borrow it and check it out before dropping the $50 to buy it.
Please drop me a line if you do... and I can.
Thanks.
OC
A former member
Post #: 183
OC, according to Wikipedia, this game has been out since 1995. So I looked on ebay and checked the 'used' box. I think I see one for $27.00. It also looks like it is a game that you can buy endless expansions for. My other idea that I use for buying pretty much all of my kids' games is using my Visa rewards points. Then it feels like it didn't cost me anything (I know I spent a lot of money to get them, but this is a mind game that makes me feel like I scored better than a sale). Please post your reviews, I am intrigued. . .
A former member
Post #: 184
It is also listed at amazon for $37.80 new, and $32 "collectible" (I think that is fancy for "used" since the "collectible" price is cheaper than new!). My other thought is that they might sell them used at one of those game stores where they sell Dungeons and Dragons type stuff. I would check those stores.