addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › Handling the Holidays

Handling the Holidays

Emmanuel
UzoIsADoberman
Janesville, WI
Post #: 21
Hello all,
As a response to Laura's questions I have added another discussion to the list of discussions. It is basically an invitation to any and all of you who may want to go help others that are in more need than we all are. About five years ago when I was going through my divorce and had a ten year old child that was also going to spend the day with me. I decided instead of sitting at home and cooking for the two of us and still feeling depressed I would turn the depression into looking at helping others and I found out to my surprise that it made me feel better. Instead of feeling sorry for myself I was able to appreciate all that I was given by helping those that are in worse shape than I was. It also gave me an opportunity to show my child what it felt like to volunteer my time and hers to help others and as an added plus I made a whole bunch of new friends.
I have done this every year for five years now with my daughter and we both look forward to it. I am not very religious and what I found out was that one does not need to be religious to help out at a church. The people there were very friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Please join me and lets have a good time being thankful for what we still have instead of feeling sorry for what we do not have.
Manny