addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Monica
user 12395857
Baraboo, WI
Post #: 7
Hi, can anyone recommend a good (female) attorney in the Madison area? I have no idea what I'm doing!
Monica
user 12395857
Baraboo, WI
Post #: 8
Another question...I want to be prepared for what's coming. Our divorce settlement states that neither party will pay child support to the other, and that all significant expenses (such as daycare) will be split between us 60/40 (He's 60, I'm 40). He now wants to change this since I'm going to be moving to Madison where daycare will be more expensive on the days Maddie is with me. Anyone know what he has to do to get the court order changed and what the likelihood is that the court will agree?

Our purpose in doing it that way was to pay for Maddie's needs proportional to each of our ability to pay. We combined our incomes and determined which portion each of us contributes to the total available income for Maddie. He was then at 60% and I at 40%. Wages have since changed and our incomes are now about 57%/43%. On a monthly basis, I have calculated expenses and reimbursement owed based on our CURRENT wages, which actually benefits him (dropping his portion from 60% to 57% even though the court order still says he should pay 60%). In the same sense of fairness, my income is likely to exceed his in a matter of a few years, and I am fully prepared to assume the higher percentage of costs. I think this is actually a really good deal for him, and I have no problem with it adjusting as incomes change, because I think it is a very fair way of doing it, whether I'm on the higher end or the lower end. And FYI, we share placement 50/50.

Any differing perspectives on this? I want to be open minded and realize that MY way is not necessarily the ONLY way, but its tough when the ex is the only one who can't see how fair this is and I view his arguments as a tactic to get me not to move. (It's all too convenient for him with me living only 8 blocks away.) Honest feedback including differing viewpoints are appreciated.

Also, daycare in the Madison area? Any suggestions?

Hi, can anyone recommend a good (female) attorney in the Madison area? I have no idea what I'm doing!

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi there,

I will highly recommend Erin Hahn from " Sipsma, Hahn and Brophy " Do not go with Ruth Westmond, she is cheap but avoid her at all cost. I can tell you why if you want later. Erin is costly, but great!!

Astrid
A former member
Post #: 59
email sent