Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › What locations would you want to do for a "Night Out" event?

What locations would you want to do for a "Night Out" event?

A former member
Post #: 32
As part of the "just enjoying getting out theme", I'm trying to organize a series of events that are just getting out for drinks at different locations throughout the city.

I think things went pretty well at Eno Vino last night. I was surprised by the great turnout and the feedback I got was that it was a winner so we'll definitely have to do that again. But I'd like some feedback on other locations that people might want to do as a night out sort of event. I want to mix things up and get some diversity.

I added three new events to the calendar already and I wouldn't mind some feedback on those. We can always change the locations on those if the choices are unpopular. I just wanted to get some dates on the calendar.

Where would you like to meet out for a "night out" meet up?
Ken
user 10992199
Madison, WI
Post #: 5
Four west locations to consider:

Gray's Tied House in Verona, just 5 minutes from the beltline. Nice place with plenty of room. Large private rooms available.

Great Dane, near Hilldale, but only if they'll let us have a private room - not the best place to try and hear someone talk on weekends otherwise. The crowds get pretty big and loud.

Vintage Brewing on Whitney Way near the beltline. They'll give us a private room if we have enough people.

Both Gray's and Vintage are also good places for a game night. Cards, board games, or just hanging out and socializing like last night.

A 4th place is the Branch Street Retreat, in Middleton. Not upscale, but friendly and relaxed. With enough people, they may give us the upstairs to ourselves. They also often have very good live music, with no cover. Not a rock band; just excellent singers with a guitar. Some are playing in October.
A former member
Post #: 9
I agree with Ken, those are great places. I think Grey's in Verona would be good since they have good areas. I am open to anything and like to try places I have not been.
Laura
user 6540411
Group Organizer
Madison, WI
Post #: 76
I've heard Sprecher's, near Greenway Station, is nice with a lot of fireplaces and such. But I haven't been there.
A former member
Post #: 10
Sprechers is a great place and if it is nice out the patio is really nice. I have been there a few times and really liked it.
A former member
Post #: 1
Grays, Vintage and Sprechers all sound fine. I am just looking forward to meeting everyone for the first time. I do always enjoy new places so like the idea of moving the meeting around, but a normal location that treats everyone well if nice to fall back on.
A former member
Post #: 34
Okay, since we don't have any RSVPs to the Comeback Inn event I'm going to change that one to Grays in Verona.
Stef
user 8477457
Sun Prairie, WI
Post #: 5
Comeback is great because many places in walking distance... also lots of parking available. .. places in walking distance Great Dane, Cardinal , Brass Ring & the lounge place... cant think of the name of it.
I haven't been to Gray's T.H. for awhile but it is a great place and accomodating. I'd be up for Sprecher's too.