Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › Tell something about yourself

Tell something about yourself

A former member
Post #: 37
I was born with nine toes on one foot...

..oh, and a third eye in the back of my head which I can strategically hide behind hair but still see out of. I'm hoping my hair doesn't thin too much because I like seeing what people do when they think I'm not looking. I'm still not sure why everyone feels the need to give me the finger every time I turn away, but whatever...
Jane L
user 9999308
Madison, WI
Post #: 18
This is a hard thread to follow after Todd's comments;

But anyway: 1. I have a bald spot from twisting my hair since I was eight years old.

and my one thing to tell and talk about with others is that I am adopted and was in a family of six siblings and I was the only one of six to be adopted ! in my adoptive family I am an 'only child'

If anyone is thinking about the concept, it can be wonderful and it can be challenging.
Ken
user 10992199
Madison, WI
Post #: 10
Wow, welcome to the thread everyone.

When I was a kid, I found some unexploded military ordinance on an Atlantic beach. I dug it out of the sand, and carried it to our blanket.

It was obviously a bomb, and I had every intention of taking it home, calling all my friends, and exploding it in the backyard.

That's when I discovered parents have veto power over the Finders Keepers rule. I was seven.
A former member
Post #: 1
Okay - since I'm a newbie to the group, and you don't know much about me anyway since we have not yet met, here's my interesting tidbit. I lived in Tokyo Japan for 3 years, and still have managed some of the basic language, including how to order a Sapporo beer, and I play the clarinet in a local concert band. Pretty simple, easy-going, person I am.
Steve M.
user 12572727
Madison, WI
Post #: 3
I am a music lover and music has pulled me through MANY bad times in my life. I have over 500 CD's, 60 vinyl records, and 700-800 albums on cassette tapes.

My dad has better stories than me, though. He was the son of a minister, so of course he was a little helloin as a kid (as was I). One stands out: He and a friend swiched the 'black only' and 'white only' signs ubove the water fountains in the local soda shop. Note: this was in the 1950's in North Carolina, so they were lucky they weren't caught.