Mary Jo Fay, RN, M...
user 3117296
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
So, Savvy Singles,
Did you wonder if my TUES topic of Dating Do’s and Don’t to Double Your Dates is about getting more FIRST DATES, or did you think it was about GETTING MORE DATES WITH THE SAME PERSON AFTER YOUR FIRST DATE TOGETHER?

Well, we’ll discuss both, actually.

We’ve talked about RED FLAG BEHAVIORS that should make people run like mad.
We’ve talked about GREEN FLAG BEHAVIORS that entice us to stay with someone.

But we haven’t chatted lately about the THINGS YOU CAN DO TO IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES IN GETTING SOMEONE TO PURSUE YOU TO BEGIN WITH, OR TO KEEP DOUBLING THE NUMBER OF DATES YOU GET WITH A PARTICULAR DATE AFTER THAT CRUCIAL FIRST ONE.

So, per usual, we’ll have 3 questions that you get to banter about at your tables, and I want you to have some time to think them over ahead of time this month, as we might get some more depth to our answers if we all have time to look back over our dating histories for ideas to share. So here they are ...

• What can you do to improve your chances of having someone be interested in you, whether through internet dating or meeting them in person? How can you be a more interesting, intriguing, approachable person?

For example - (and I know I’ve mentioned this before but it seems to be an ongoing problem) one of the things that gals do quite often, is STUDY A MAN’S TEETH!
Why? you might ask. Well, she is assessing whether or not you’re kissable! I can’t tell you the number of guys I’ve met who had horribly yellow teeth! Ugh. (Men - you might be finding this with the ladies too, but I’m not as tuned in to checking out women’s teeth, as you might imagine!) Sure, maybe it sounds rather superficial, but it’s important to some folks and easily handled by those who need it.

This part of the question could also include things like knowing how to make a great first impression with what you wear to your first date.

Do you see what I mean? What things might you be doing that are turn-offs before someone else might even get to know you? And of those things, which ones do you have control over? (Teeth whiteners are just not that expensive, after all!) And what can you do that in fact, will INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF CATCHING SOMEONE’S ATTENTION IN A GOOD WAY?

• Question 2 will be - What can you do to be a good dater over time? ... To make this potential match be more interested in you beyond just the first date. Things like being on time. Making sure that both folks get equal time talking when you’re together. Not constantly calling - or at least, clarifying with each other just how often you want to be checking in. Beliefs about who pays for what. Getting on the same page about what your expectations are for a relationship. And so much more.

3. The last question of the night we’ll discuss your Internet dating profiles a bit. (Not in depth - I actually have a full meetup topic about your profile where we study this in depth, but we can do a “quickie” surface chat about some easy things for you to be sure your profile contains that should lead to increased dating possibilities.)

Simple things that can make a big difference, like fixing those horrible photos that folks post on their profile that are either taken with their cell phone or posted sideways, or photos that contain other people in the picture. (Just who are those other people? You might ask. Ex’s? Kids? Not a good thing to include.)

Another example - not bothering to fill out the dating site survey fully, if you’re on a site like eHarmony. Why is this an issue? ... Because it appears that you aren’t really serious in your search and people are likely to move on to someone who does appear to be taking the situation more seriously; posts good photos, gives you a good glimpse about themselves, and has a positive tone to their profile.

So, that should give you your HOMEWORK FOR TUES NIGHT!

As always, the official Meetup goes from 7-9PM but most folks start arriving at 6PM to order their grub and “rub elbows” with all the other eligible singles! So come on our and join the fun. Looks like we’ve got 30 RSVP’s already so it should be another great night!

Questions? Comments? Drop me a line or give me a call.

And be sure to go to the Meetup site to sign up NOW! Here’s the link:
http://www.meetup.com/singles-1560/events/124651462/?a=ra1_te­

Your fearless leader,
Mary Jo Fay
303841-7691