Denver 's Best Dating, Mating, and Relating Group Message Board › Were you ever "catfished?"

Were you ever "catfished?"

Mary Jo Fay, RN, M...
user 3117296
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Hey Savvy Singles,
Two quick things today ...,
1. I had a channel 7 news reporter contact me yesterday about doing a story on dating deceptions and dangers. We only had a few minutes to chat, but she asked me if anyone from our group would be game to come on camera to share a story they got scammed by. Or felt unsafe with.
I have one gal pal, for example, who tried to take out a loan of $5,000 from her bank to give to a scammer she'd fallen in love with, yet had never even met in person. Fortunately the bank said no. But Margie's willing to share her story if it might help anyone else not fall for this crazy and potentially dangerous shell-game.
Have you had any "cat fishing" experiences? (That's what they call these deceitful online love scams. There's even a MTV reality show about this rampant behavior!)
Anyway - contact me if you're willing to be on the news and I'll connect you with the reporter.
2. Next DMR Meetup is TUES AUG 5.
I'm still working on a topic, but save the date now!
Hope you're having a great summer!
Mary Jo Fay
303-841-7691