Denver 's Best Dating, Mating, and Relating Group Message Board › NOT SO SMART WOMEN

Mary Jo Fay, RN, M...
user 3117296
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Just a quickie, Savvy Singles -
Rocky Mt Singles Rapid Fire Romance is full for tonight! But tomorrow is their Lock and Key Party at Dave and Buster’s. Lock and Key is an informal way to mix and mingle where the men get the keys and women have the locks. Instead of trying to mix and mingle in a group you don’t know, the goal is to match keys to locks, which leads to everyone conversing with everyone! Go here to learn more and be sure to sign up ...­

I’ve been meaning to post this news story for a while now. (It actually happened a couple weeks ago.) Why am I talking about “Not So Smart Women?” Read through this entire story and court report (the link is at the end of my letter.) While I do not discount that this man indeed sexually assaulted these 3 women, I DO think that all 3 women could have been MUCH SMARTER in how they handled this entire situation... PROACTIVELY!
It’s back to what I talk about over and over regarding dating - specifically in meeting new people you have only communicated with online...
1.) Absolutely meet in public places where there are plenty of people around.
2.) Remember that this person is still a stranger until you really get to know each other. And what did your folks teach you about strangers? - Never get into a car with them.
3.) Your “no” should mean “No.” (Not maybe!)
4.) Above all - TAKE YOUR TIME GETTING TO KNOW SOMEONE! Time is always your ally. What’s the rush, anyway? Plus, you can only build trust with time. The key to any great relationship is trust.
5.) Let someone know where you’re going with this new person. Share the phone number and email address you have for this internet acquaintance with a friend.
It’s a whole lot easier to DATE SMART by taking a few precautions, than ending up a victim of a predator.
And for those of you who feel uncomfortable reading my book “Blatant Deception”, because the thought of an online predator is too scary, I remind you once again, that these scary stories are REAL. It’s important that you know what dangerous games are being played out there every single day.
It’s wonderful to find love out there - just be smart about it!
Here’s the actual story ...­
Hope to see some of you at the Rapid Fire Romance tonight.
Stay tuned tomorrow ... I've got a nice surprise to tease you with!
Mary Jo