Every Tuesday Evening - (7:30 to 09:30) Please arrive by 07:15
New comers welcome!
This event is open to 30+
Cost : $3.00 for the evening
Participants are from various other sources , as well as our meetup group !
Location : St. Charles School Gym -
4331 Rue Sainte Anne, Pierrefond, Qc H9H 4Y7
Across from St. Thomas Becket Church. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at [masked]
*RSVP - PLEASE only RSVP if you have decided to come, thank you:)
We ask that every effort be made by all to provide for an enjoyable team game by
passing the ball for three plays on each side before sending it over the
net. The aim is not just to make a point
but enjoy the game.
The game is played until 25 points. A gameis won by the team which first scores 25 points with a minimum lead of two points. In the case of a tie game play is continued until a tow point lead is established. Eg: 27-25 or 26-24. The rules listed herein are based on the latest “Volleyball Canada” rules[masked] as adapted to our particular indoor facilities and playing skills.
· All players must be in their assigned positions and can only move after the serve has been completed. No screening (blocking of the opponents view) is allowed.
· No blocking or spiking allowed on the serve.
· Minimum of 5 servers per player, in order to give more chances to each person on the team.
Decision calls on the ball
· A ball is out when it touches the net support of the ropes, posts or floor beyond the side/back boundary lines. ONLY THE RECEVING TEAM DECIDES IF THE BALL IS IN/OUT if they are not sure then the point is replayed.
· The ball may touch the ceiling anywhere before an attack hit. It may not touch the ceiling going over the net.
· If the ball is hit, accidentally or voluntarily into the end Basketball nets, support frames or pull-cord the rally is stopped and replayed.
· Ball is out when it touches the side walls or other gym equipment on the walls.
· Ball is out when it crosses completely the space under the net.
· A player may retrieve the ball from under the net by hitting it before it completely crosses over.
Hitting the ball :
· You are allowed three hits per team (this does not include the block) which should be composed of a bump, a volley and/or an overhead spike.
· A player may only hit the ball once, if two or three players touch the ball at the same time then it will be counted as two or three hits.
· If the players reach for the ball but only one has touched the ball then it’s counted as one hit.
· The ball may touch various parts of the body, provided that the contact take place simultaneously, this includes the feet and be counted as one hit.
· THE BALL MAY NOT BE KICKED OVER THE NET or kicked at any time during the game intentionally this is not soccer.
· The ball must be HIT, not caught and/or thrown. Any attack that is committed with an open hand that is held for more than one second is considered a carry and can be called as a fault. Resulting in the loss of the play and a point for the opposite team.
· Multiple, Rapid, Consecutive contacts are required only.
· Blocking is the action of players close to the net to intercept the ball coming from the opponent by reaching higher than the top of the net, regardless of the height of the ball contact.
· Reaching beyond the net is allowed only when blocking a hit.
· The blocker may touch the ball beyond the net without interfering with the opponents play.
· The first hit after the block may be executed by any player, including the one who has touched the ball during the block.
· You are not allowed to block an opponent’s serve.
· A player is permitted to pass his hand beyond the net after making an attack hit, provided that the contact with the ball was made first on his side of the net.
· A foot/hand may touch the opponent’s court if part of the foot/hand remains on the center line. But the player may not touch an opponent or interfere with his play.
· Contact with the net by a player is not a fault, unless it interferes with the play. When
the ball is driven into the net and causes it to touch an opponent, no fault is committed.
Code of Conduct:
We are committed to providing an enjoyable and healthy environment for
all players. This being said, we ask that all players refrain from:
· The use of insulting or degrading language towards another member;
· Belittling or denigrating the play of another member;
· The use of negative criticism (however, should another member ask for advice, this should be freely offered in a positive manner);
· Abusing the equipment of the Gym. (Please do not kick
Thank you for taking the time to read these rules, remember understanding and
applying the rules allows for a better game and more fun.