addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Single Wine-Os (30 - 50) Message Board Single Wine-O's Discussion Forum › This week's Houston Wine Merchant tastings

This week's Houston Wine Merchant tastings

Scott
sendtoscott
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
Do y'all like the new-style Meetup group view, or do you think I should go back to the old style?

HWM sent out their weekly tasting email. I'm not making either of these a "calendar event"; I'm not sure I can make either and its pretty late notice, so I'm sending this along FYI.
-- Scott

Davis Family and Heidi Barrett!!!!!

So, we always try to make a big deal about our tastings because well, we want you to come. This weekend is going to be off of the charts! You don't want to miss this! Tomorrow night @ 5pm (we're starting a little early) we welcome Guy Davis of Davis Family Vineyards and this year's Grand Champion at the Houston Livestock and Rodeo event!

Please join us and come help us welcome the man behind it all.

and then...

The lady, the legend. Ms. Heidi Barret will join us this Saturday for an impromptu tasting this Saturday afternoon @ 2pm! We will have the full array of her wines under the La Sirena label as well as her wines from Revana.

You won't want to miss this. She's a legend amongst American winemakers and we are truly delighted to have her here!

and as scheduled...

Our Sta. Rita Hills tasting will follow @ 4pm!
You have all day to drop by and try some great American wines!
Sta. Rita tasting will feature wines from Alma Rosa as well as Melville and Brewer Clifton!

It's going to be a great weekend so please drop by and indulge with us! It's a great way to get the Rodeo season kicked off!
Cheers!

Marcy Jimenez
Houston Wine Merchant
713 524 3397
marcy@houstonwines.com

"I only drink champagne when I'm happy, and when I'm sad.
Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone.
When I have company, I consider it obligatory.
I trifle with it if I am not hungry and drink it when I am.
Otherwise I never touch it - unless I'm thirsty."
~Lily Bollinger

A former member
Post #: 6
Hi Scott,

I just updated my profile to discuss to wines I have tried recently. (250 characters was not enough to also discuss the wines (Grenache, Cote du Rhone) I had at Cova (Kirby location) Wed nite that were good. $5 a glass at happy hour.

Perhaps the home page could be modified to add members discussion of recently tried, what they liked about the wine, where they bought it and at what price.

An idea that may be considered to involve too much time by a member.
Scott
sendtoscott
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
Post #: 23
Your wish is my command - check out the new forums on our meetup page.

Hi Scott,

I just updated my profile to discuss to wines I have tried recently. (250 characters was not enough to also discuss the wines (Grenache, Cote du Rhone) I had at Cova (Kirby location) Wed nite that were good. $5 a glass at happy hour.

Perhaps the home page could be modified to add members discussion of recently tried, what they liked about the wine, where they bought it and at what price.

An idea that may be considered to involve too much time by a member.