Sisters in Stitches Message Board › THIS IS HUGE!! Listen Up!!!!

THIS IS HUGE!! Listen Up!!!!

A former member
I have BIG news, Ladies!!!

We have been asked to partner with Kitsch Fabrics to help put on the 'Artful Bra Challenge' for 'Ladies Night Out this year!!!'

If you don't know what an 'Artful Bra Challenge' is: see this article from last year's event: http://www.mountainx.com/article/2098/Conscious-Party-Benefits-fundraisers­

If you don't know what 'Ladies Night Out' is, here is a little run-on sentence I lifted online: "Ladies Night Out, typically held the first Thursday of every month at Mission Hospital, offers free physicals, mammograms, pap smears, refreshments and health education for uninsured and underinsured women."

And here is where we come in: Sisters-in-Stitches in partnership with Kitsch Fabrics will be raising money for Ladies Night Out by way of the 'Artful Bra Challenge'. . .

• VOLUNTEER: We will need volunteers to get donations (as in: gift certificates or small gifts) from local businesses for the AUCTION. The more businesses we contact, the more items we will have to auction off -hence more money to be made!! Think fabric and yarn shops, of course - but also, restaurants, massage therapists. . . . and BEYOND!!! New to town and don't know a soul? There are other ways to get items to auction off! You can donate something lovely you made! -Last year people even made their own bundles of 'fat quarters' to auction off!!! We will also need volunteers to bring appetizers & goodies, as well as help set up and clean up on the auction night.
  • BRAS: We will also be designing the WACKIEST bras you can think of!!! The wilder, the better! These bras will be on display at Kitsch for a month and will need to be completed by the end of March. People will donate a dollar per vote to select their fave design. (I believe you will also be able to vote online.)
  • SOIREE: In late April, there will be an Awards Ceremony with prizes & Auction at Kitsch Fabrics. It'll be a **FABULOUS** evening with wine and appetizers. All proceeds go to 'Ladies Night Out'.

BTW, Last year - Kitsch partnered with FAA and they raised $2800!!!! That was enough to run the 'Ladies Night Out' program for A WHOLE MONTH!!!! With all of the **BIG HEARTS** and ENDLESS talent in our group, I KNOW we can do even more!!!

This event is open to the public, so plan to bring your rich friends to the auction. The bra designing is also open to the public. If you've got a friend with some 'flare' - get her (or him) involved!!

Once the dates are set, we will be scheduling several meetups dedicated to bra designing/assembly. WOOHOO!! Consider this is your 'heads up' email -please start thinking about how you can contribute and about what your bra creation will look like!!!!

I'd love to get an idea of how you feel about this volunteering project! Please email me and let me know if you have completed projects in mind you would consider donating for the auction or if there are businesses you think you can 'hit up' for donations when we are ready to do so.

I LOVE that we're doing this and I can't wait until the Auction/Bash!!!

HEARTS!!!

Erica

A former member
Post #: 2
Sounds like a lot of fun. I have a girl Thai foreign exchange student who needs to earn some volunteering hours for her program and she may also want to help.

Tonya