Sisters in Stitches Message Board › Learn to Knit

Learn to Knit

Nicole
user 9664829
Asheville, NC
Post #: 5
For those of you who want to learn to knit, I'd be happy to do a group on beginning knitting. Is there anyone else who might like to help others learn? It would be great to have a couple of people helping with one-on-one instruction. This is such a great time of year to knit!

If you're interested in getting started at knitting I recommend using a size 10 US needle (a little smaller would be good too but I wouldn't go much smaller or larger than a 10). I think bamboo needles are the best to use because the yarn stays on them better than the aluminum ones. It's also a good idea to start off with a practice yarn cause you're gonna make mistakes and this usually damages the yarn. So it's best to learn and practice first and then jump into knitting that scarf. So a good practice yarn is one that will show your stitches, nothing fuzzy or fancy, maybe just a cheap acrylic.

Anyone interested? I probably won't be able to make it to the Nov 21st meetup because I'll be going out of town for Thanksgiving but maybe if there's one before that we could do it then.

Happy stitching!
Nicole
A former member
Post #: 1
I'd be interested in learning to knit! Just one of those things I've been wanting to try..
A former member
Post #: 4
I think it's terrific that you're offering to teach us, Nicole! Thanks a ton! Is there any day that you could do it before the Nov. 21st? We're looking for a weekday, perhaps a Monday or Thursday, between 10 & 12? Could you do that? We can work out the location based on the time/day available. Let me know!! :) thanks!
Nicole
user 9664829
Asheville, NC
Post #: 6
Thursday would work for me. I could do the 11th or the 18th. My guess is that evenings would work best for most people but I'm pretty flexible on Thursdays so I could do a morning or afternoon.
A former member
Post #: 8
Thursday would work for me. I could do the 11th or the 18th. My guess is that evenings would work best for most people but I'm pretty flexible on Thursdays so I could do a morning or afternoon.
i could attend a thursday morning lesson either the 11th or the 18th -or both!! :))
Tammy S.
user 13002970
Hendersonville, NC
Post #: 3
Would you ever consider doing a weekend class? Maybe after the holidays, if your busy?
Nicole
user 9664829
Asheville, NC
Post #: 7
I'd be happy to do a weekend meetup later on. I could maybe do one in Dec.
Should we just plan on doing a learn to knit meetup on Thurs the 11th from 10-12? I'm thinking now that the 11th would be better for me.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Nicole and group!!

I would LOVE to attend the Nov. 11th session and I have a good friend that would also......kids are out of school that day for Veterans day, I have a soon to be 6 year old.

I would not be able to make the 18th as that day is alread way over booked.

But mornings are great for me, any morning except Tuesday.

So Monday as Erica mentioned would be great also.

I am excited to have you teach us Nicole, I am sure it will be fun.

Thanks much,
Mandy
A former member
Post #: 5
I think this is great!!! thanks for pitching in with ideas and problem solving!! Just need to find and confirm a location... any suggestions? as soon as we have the go ahead, i'll schedule it with Nicole as the event host!! Does that sound good to all of you? looking forward to it!!
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Lael,

I would NOT mind hosting at my house in the 11th if you guys would like!!! It would be fun. I live less than 5 minutes from downtown, almost at the end of Chunn's Cove....just let me know and if that would work for Nicole.

Mandy