what we are doing:
Waitangi Day is coming up! What does it mean? What is its significance? Yesterday, today and tomorrow.
This Tiriti o Waitangi class is a short journey of sorts, looking at pre arrival of Maori, the Declaration of Independance through to the Tiriti o Waitangi and its significance then (1840s) through to now!
what you will learn:
You will come out with the following learnigs:
1. Maori migration
2. Declaration of Independance
3. Treaty of Waitangi (signing, who signed it, the Articles and the differences in interpretation, the journey of the Treaty, the 'principles' of the treaty in today's age and of course what does the Treaty of Waitangi actually mean to individual's in today's society).
type of class introduction, next step
skill required: 1 - beginners, 2, 3
Your chalkler will be:
I've been teaching Te Reo Maori, facilitating Treaty of Waitangi Workshops here in Wgtn for the past 14 years mainly in government departments, iwi groups, corporate organsiations etc.
what people need to bring
Pen and paper. Water and food if you want to!
cost 18 (+ GST)
how to book and pay:
RSVP and pay using this paypal link or
deposit 20.70 into Chalkle's Kiwibank account:
Details to include:[masked] - Your name - waitangi
our cancelation policy:
If you RSVP for a lesson and fail to show up, you will get a "no show". Three no shows means you will be removed from chalkle. You may request to rejoin after six months.
If you cancel your RSVP:
- more than seven days = refund minus 10% admin fee.
- less than 7 days = no refund
- after 7pm night before = no refund and a no show will be recorded.
Chalkle connects people interested in teaching and learning from each other face-to-face -- in a fun, social environment!
Choose from many affordable lessons up for grabs (from intros to master classes) in agriculture, art and craft, business, construction, digital media, food, languages, music and performance, science, technology and zombie survival... and many of the lessons are free!