what we are doing:
- Go over the basics of why people need a snappy CV.
- Discuss how to recognise your own skills and strengths.
- Show and discuss professional CV layout for a single-page CV
This is a companion class to the Snappy Cover Letters class (see below).
Sign up to both and match your cover letter to your snappy CV!
what you will learn:
- Why a short CV is essential in job-hunting.
- Why presentation (including spelling and grammar) is vital for a CV
- How to recognise and ask for a referee
- How to identify your own skills and strengths
- How to collect all the information necessary to produce your own 1-Page CV
You may also wish to create a 1 page cover letter for your CV in this class
type of lesson introduction
skill required: 2/10
Your chalkler will be:
Over 20 years' professional writing experience.
Certificate in How to Teach Adults (Community Education Centre, Wellington)
Several years' experience on both sides of the job-seeking industry.
Owner/Operator of Word Soup, copywriting and editing company.
What to bring
Pen, pencil, paper (handouts/worksheets will be provided and worked on in class).
charge: 17.30 (incl. GST)
RSVP and pay using this paypal link or
deposit 17.30 into Chalkle's Kiwibank account:
Details to include: [masked] - Your name
our cancelation policy:
If you RSVP for a class and fail to show up, you will get a "no show". Three no shows means you will be removed from chalkle. You may request to rejoin after six months.
We expect pre payment for all classes.
If you cancel your RSVP:
- less than 3 days before = no refund
- after 7pm night before = no refund and a no show will be recorded.
chalkle° connects people interested in teaching and learning from each other face-to-face -- in a fun, social environment!
Choose from many affordable lessons up for grabs (from intros to master classes) in agriculture, art and craft, business, construction, digital media, food, languages, music and performance, science, technology and zombie survival... and many of the classes are free!