what we are doing
The focus of this seminar is on businesses and asset protection in the business context.
If you are venturing out and setting up a new business, or have an existing business and want information on asset protection, then this is the class for you!
The class will cover:
* Business Structures (sole trader, partnerships, companies)
* Asset protection
* Fish hooks - where it could all come unstuck (gifting, trusts, insolvency)
what you will learn
We will outline:
* the appropriate business structure for the circumstance
* the legislation that applies to each business structure
* the documents required to implement the structure;
with a focus on protecting your business assets
* the fish-hooks of personal liability - how to minimise your exposure to personal liability.
type of class tips & tricks
skill required beginner
your chalkler(s) will be
David Murphy & Julius Maskell
David Murphy (Partner) - Tripe Matthews Feist. David is an experienced lawyer practising in the areas of company and commercial law particularly in the areas of business structures and advice.
what to bring pen & paper if desired
appropriate audience Everyone
note we require a minimum of 4 people for this class to go ahead.
Chalkle° enables learning for communities in real life. Small affordable classes mean high value for participants, extracting the knowledge and skills otherwise hidden within the community. chalkle° redefines what it means to be a teacher or a learner, helping everyone undertake training in practical, artistic or academic skills while fostering lifelong learning.
Chalkle° expects pre-payment for all classes. If you have not paid you will be placed on the waiting list to allow other chalklers to attend. You will be moved to attending once chalkle° has received confirmation of your payment.
If you RSVP for a class and fail to show up, you will get a "no show". Three no shows means you will be removed from chalkle°. You may request to rejoin after six months.
If you cancel your RSVP:
- less than 3 days before = no refund
- after 7pm the night before = no refund and a "no show" will be recorded
Whilst every possible assistance will be offered, chalkle°, teachers and members cannot be held responsible for any accident, injuries or losses sustained leading up to, during, or after a class.