what we are doing
Do you want to get into the "Art Zone" and develop your "Visual Intuition". In this class you will learn how to connect to your artwork, by dialoguing with it, and creating an intuitive response.
- Discuss what are potential ways to set up a creative state of being? Music anyone?
- Experiencing the first response is quite often an intuitive response
- Introduction to Observing the eye Observing – as a means to critique the work once been through intuitive process
what you'll learn
COLLABORATIVE DRAWING - Opening out Abstract Mark Making and Materials
- Try out collaborative drawing as a warm-up and to work outside your norm & learn from others and to learn new strategies.
- Creating visual dialogue with drawing in small groups
- Using the directness and speed of drawing with focus on mark making, structure
- Experimental drawing will open out mark-making and composition learning to trust your first response.
- Developing an abstract language to keep the forms open and to learn about composition
- Working in black and white eg charcoal and eraser – to encourage adding and taking away
BYOA - Bring Your Own Art (Develop your own art with Feedback & group support)
Open to all visual art disciplines - drawing, painting, sculpture, video, print,
Bring your own artwork for feedback, to extend your work with new visual influences, and artistic processes. Feedback sessions are an ideal way to get your moving.
type of lesson zero to hero
skill required all skills and experiences welcome
your chalkler will be
Dhyana Beaumont has a MFA from Massey University in video installation and a BFA in painting and has tutored in visual arts & digital media for 15 years at Tertiary Institution such as Massey and Victoria University.
She has a cross-discipline practice, with focus on developing visual intuition and teaching what people want to learn.
Check out her artwork at :: http://dhyanabeaumont.co.nz/
cost 25 - Please pay with paypal using this link
what to bring
Art Materials - paper, charcoal, chalk pastels, eraser, pencils,
BYOA - Bring Your Own Art for Feedback & group support
our cancelation policy
If you RSVP for a class and fail to show up, you will get a "no show". Three no shows means you will be removed from chalkle.
You may request to rejoin after six months.
If you cancel your RSVP:
- less than 7 days = restricted from this class for three months.
- after 7pm night before = class restriction, and a no show will be recorded.
Chalkle connects people interested in teaching and learning from each other face-to-face -- in a fun, social environment!
Choose from many affordable classes (from intros to master classes) in agriculture, art and craft, business, construction, digital media, food, languages, music and performance, science, technology and zombie survival... and many of the classes are free!