what we are doing:
This is a two day course for 'Create a Claymation (Stopmotion) Short Animated Film'.
(DATES: 3rd Feb and 10th February from 10am to 5pm)
The course is a follow-up from the one day 'An Introduction to Create a Short Animated Film' course, and will take you through the production stage of using claymation techniques to continue creating your short animated film.
It is expected that there will be a reasonable amount of the animated film created outside of class time
what you will learn:
- Various claymation genres, styles, materials and techniques.
- Character, set and effects development and design.
- Character, set and effects materials and construction.
- Camera and lighting equipment, methods and movement.
- Sound dynamics, tricks and techniques.
- Using a 'dope sheet' for lipsync and to plan the animation shoot.
- Animation techniques: 'replacement animation'; 'Key after key animation' etc.
- Character animation: Volume, weight, movement, momentum etc.
- Mechanical and effects animation: Simple and effective tricks and techniques.
- The various free and pay-for software to put it all together
type of lesson next step
skill required: 2/10
Your chalkler will be:
I've studied and have been working as a 2D and claymation animator for 20 years. I love it
What to bring
- Webcam or video camera that operates with your laptop.
- Drawing and writing material.
- Simple craft tools: pliers, scissors, hacksaw, cutter, cutting board etc.
charge 90 (+gst) for both days
how to book and pay
RSVP and pay using this paypal link or
deposit[masked] into Chalkle's Kiwibank account:
Details to include: [masked] - Your name - claymation
Items that will be provided and included in the course fee:
A variety of animation model-making materials to get you started
Note a minimum of 6 people is required for this event to go ahead
our cancelation policy:
If you RSVP for a lesson and fail to show up, you will get a "no show". Three no shows means you will be removed from chalkle. You may request to rejoin after six months.
If you cancel your RSVP:
- more than seven days = refund minus 10% admin fee.
- less than 7 days = no refund
- after 7pm night before = no refund and a no show will be recorded.
Chalkle connects people interested in teaching and learning from each other face-to-face -- in a fun, social environment!
Choose from many affordable lessons up for grabs (from intros to master classes) in agriculture, art and craft, business, construction, digital media, food, languages, music and performance, science, technology and zombie survival... and many of the lessons are free!