what we are doing
Yay, let's start 2013 with laughter!
Laughter yoga is a unique practice of laughter as a form of exercise. It combines simple, playful laughter exercises with yogic breathing and involves simple movement as you clap, sing and laugh. It is wonderful for de-stressing, getting present, team building and remembering that regardless of what is going on in our lives, we can experience joy.
ANYONE of any age or fitness level can participate. You don’t have to be in the mood to join in, in fact, if you don’t feel like laughing, it is the perfect time to attend! And there are loads of health benefits including:
• boosts your energy levels
• is the fastest and easiest method to flush your lungs of stale air and oxygenate your body
• massages your internal organs and stimulates your digestive system
• floods your body with endorphins, or natural painkillers
• improves your memory and your mind feels more peaceful, which enables you to think more clearly
• increases your productivity and creativity at work and in the home
what you will learn
* To laugh for no reason
* Connect with people in a really intrusive and rather hilarious ways
* To experience your inner joy regardless of whatever else is going on in your life.
* Laughter truly is the best medicine!
* To be present in your bodies
type of lesson
1 - beginners
your chalkler will be
Patina Edwards is a certified Laughter Yoga leader, Access Consciousness and Right Relationship For You Facilitator. Laughter Yoga has been a great way for her to jump out of her 'go, go/do, do' modus operandi and remember to play! (It's surprising how much more we actually achieve when we take time to laugh and play.)
For more info about Laughter Yoga check out www.laughteryoga.org or Patina's website www.AccessTransformation.com
The koha you give will be used to support other Chalkle activities.
what you need to bring
Wear comfortable, loose clothes.
How to get there
Cross the carpark at Lawson Place. At the end you will find 3 paths. On the right a private path. On the left the Southern Walkway. Take the small path downhill in the middle. 200 meters after you will find a small white house with gardens around
our cancelation policy
If you RSVP for a class and fail to show up, you will get a "no show". Three no shows means you will be removed from chalkle. You may request to rejoin after six months.
If you cancel your RSVP:
- less than 7 days = restricted from this class for three months.
- after 7pm night before = class restriction, and a no show will be recorded.
Chalkle is an award-winning education platform which connects people interested in teaching and learning from each other face-to-face -- in a fun, social environment!
Choose from many affordable classes (from intros to master classes) in agriculture, art and craft, business, construction, digital media, food, languages, music and performance, science, technology and zombie survival... and many of the classes are free!