add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The NYC Social Justice Movie (& Dinner Sometimes) Meetup Message Board › Attendance at NYC Social Justice Movie & Dinner Meetups

Attendance at NYC Social Justice Movie & Dinner Meetups

Oceanside, NY
Hi All,

In early June, a friend told me that she liked to see movies first, then go to dinner - so you could talk about the film. She told me this at dinner after we had just seen the Media That Matters Film Festival - and I was grateful since there was so much to discuss! Shortly afterward it occurred to me that this idea was a great premise for a group - and here we are, 22 Meetups behind us and about to welcome our 270th member!

During this time, the other organizers and I have had a great time meeting the many of you who have joined us for a movie and dinner. It's been fascinating to learn about various social justice topics and share viewpoints with others committed as well to raising their awareness. Some decent planning and coordination goes into putting an outing together, but we enjoy this and are frequently tossing around movie ideas and thinking about the next Meetup.

With this in mind however I ask you all to please heed our attendance policy, and avoid "no-shows". It's highly disruptive to the flow of our outings to wait around or keep an eye out for people who don't show up. We ask to mark yourself as "Maybe" if you're not positive you can make it, or if your plans change, please take a few minutes to update your RSVP to "No". A little courtesy goes a long way!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!

Robyn from The New York City Social Justice Movie & Dinner Meetup