The NYC Skateboarding Meetup Group Message Board › no one signed up as of 2 hours before meetup

no one signed up as of 2 hours before meetup

Matthew A.
user 4456723
Rego Park, NY
Post #: 72
I scheduled a meetup and as of two hours before the meetup no one else was signed up for it, so i cancelled it. What type of meetups do people want to do? I live in Queens so meetups in Manhattan do take some time to plan and go to. Last year I scheduled some meetups and got a low turn out. This year I'm excited about skating, but don't know if it's worth to make an effort on this site or not. Other people have to be interested and commit to going to the meetups too.
Franklyn B.
user 14240257
Manchester, CT
Post #: 1
I would to come to one if I had a board. Working on getting one for the summer. I would also like to take photos of you guys skating, if possible
alison
user 7272479
New York, NY
Post #: 6
anywhere close to the east village.
A former member
im close to the city :)
im just a beginner though..but willing to learn!
David C.
user 9588141
New York, NY
Post #: 4
Keep scheduling them I want to try and skate more this year. I went to one meetup 1 or 2 years ago at the heliport park near Chelsea Piers, it was a lot of fun. I am still learning to get my ollies. I mostly just cruise around.

Flatland riding sounds fun and that park in Astoria looks good too.
Matthew A.
user 4456723
Rego Park, NY
Post #: 73
I'm constricted to skating on the weekends. Do people perfer saturday or sunday? And how much advance notice would people like?
I enjoy going to the skate parks, but maybe for beginners a good amount of space that's not crowded would be more ideal.
A former member
Post #: 2
either day is fine with me man! im mostly free on weekends ^^
Badillo
user 12271006
New York, NY
I'm constricted to skating on the weekends. Do people perfer saturday or sunday? And how much advance notice would people like?
I enjoy going to the skate parks, but maybe for beginners a good amount of space that's not crowded would be more ideal.

Matthew,

Thanks for trying to set these up. I have kids, but I could probably squeeze in an hour or two early on a Saturday morning. I'm down for Queens. Might be down for some after work sessions once a week when the suns sets late in the summer.

Thanks
Matthew A.
user 4456723
Rego Park, NY
Post #: 74
Thanks Badillo,
As far as official meetups go, I think I'll wait a few weeks until the weather is consistently spring like temperatures. On saturdays and sundays I'm usually at the parks. Astoria is my favorite, and Forest Park is the closest to me. Last Saturday I went flushing Meadows and had a good time.
-Matt